Old 08-24-2004   #1
T1 or T2 from an EZ?

I'm 6'1 and 158 lbs. I currenty use an ez with nofoam as a bulkhead. I fit just right in the boat, but I'd like somthing easier to throw around. I tried a Jackson fun and didn't like it much. I like the wavesport boats but don't have any way to try one out. The Jackson fun seemed like too much volume and Hard to throw down especially in flat water. It also had a really tall cockpit rim. I'd just like to hear from somone that has either T1 or T2, as to how it handels and rolls.

James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004   #2
At 6'1'' I think you will have tough time fitting into the t2, but the t3 might be a good option. It rolls pretty easily, runs rivers well, and does flatwater allright. If you don't like the high cockpit of the fun you might not like the t3 because it is pretty hig and boxy at the knees. It is a really wide boat which makes it fell stable, but you can hit you hands and elbows on the rim sometimes. Find a shop near you and try several boats out, the pyranha's (S6 series) are also really good and throw down well in flatwater.

Whiskey's for drinkin' and waters for fightin'
- Mark Twain
wycoloboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004   #3
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
James, I also use an ez and just fit with no foam (shorter, but long legs). I could not fit into a T1. I tried a T2 once and fit ok, but I think at 150 lbs I would have had more fun in the T1. Anyway the T2 felt really strange coming from an EZ and I didn't like it (but maybe it's an acquired taste), and found it signficantly more difficult to roll (probably because it's wide and deep). I tried a Pyranha S6f and liked it much better. But then I'm a no expert playboater or kayaker so weigh my opinion accordingly.
KSC is online now   Reply With Quote