Old 06-07-2010   #1
, Colorado
Swim/Rescue on Clear Creek near Youngfield

Anyone know what happened yesterday (Sunday) on Clear Creek WAY below Coors? A friend of mine on a bike saw Wheat Ridge FD/Rescue pulling someone out just below where I-70 and Youngfield cross the creek. The boat was upstream by a quarter mile or so where the bike path crosses the creek.

I was surprised because I've never heard of anyone boating that section and not sure I'd recommend it with all of the dams and culverts?

tbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010   #2
There is a manky class V right in that area with a wicked hole.

Grif for President!
deepstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010   #3
Fairplay, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Emergency crews from Wheat Ridge, Arvada and Fairmount were called to Clear Creek on Sunday when someone spotted a kayak in the water without anyone inside. Rescuers searched, but found no one. KMGH/ Denver
jfredericks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010   #4
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
was it an orange creeker? I saw the boat floating by just after Black Rock. I tried to pull it ashore but it was too far in the main stream. A friend of mine said the boat came from someone who swam on the Dumont section. that boat must have traveled more than 20 miles. be careful out there
History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill-
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010   #5
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Could it be this boat?

Lost Jackson Little Hero in Clear Creek
I lost an orange, Jackson Little Hero today (Sun, June 6th) on Clear Creek near Tunnel 5. The last time I know of anyone seeing it was around Black Rock, and it probably floated down from there. There is a sticker with Renaissance Adventure Guides on the boat as well as their phone number (303 988 2943). If you see the boat or know anything about it, please email or call. The email address is

I'd appreciate any help I can get (I borrowed the boat from a friend) -- it's definately worth a case or two of beer (or cartons of ice cream) from me!

We also lost a bent shaft Werner, foam-filled paddle with neon green tape on the shaft. Any info on this would also be appreciated (it was a rough day - a friend lost it trying to rescue the boat).
Katie C.
PattyNYCO is offline   Reply With Quote