Old 01-20-2004   #1
Surfing in Beer

Folks, I think it's time we talked Coors into building a recirculating White Water Park ala Penrith either in Golden or near I-70 at Clear Creek theres some nice gradient and some gravel ponds which could serve to pull off in the dry season. The Creek here below Coors is all but ditchified and almost dead anyway as it is diverted to Stanley lake. The bonus is that when Coors decided to blow a bad batch out, we'd be surfing in beer! The only hangup is that in order for the plan to work we'd all have to register as Republicans for a while and quote the bible alot while we surfed, (and we'd have to drink Coors.) at least until they built the thing.

Kozmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004   #2
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Doesn't sound worth it to me...

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004   #3
Right.. cause all boaters must be bleeding heart liberals to qualify?? I don't think so. Could you possibly be more juvenile or narrow minded in your post? Believe it or not, most Democrats and Republicans believe in God and even might go to church once in a while... with the exception of kayakers I guess. And associating the extreme right wing funamentalist Christians with the majority of the Republican party is at best misinformed. Some of us actually support abortion rights, wetland protection, environmental causes, women's rights, the creation of whitewater parks and rights, and yes even go to work at places like Coors everyday to support our families and pay taxes. Get a clue.
surfpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004   #4
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Easy there smurfpiper. Your state obviously supports you. Some of us just enjoy grass with our beer and love the devil. I'm with you Andy, although I love the idea of surfing the brew!
cosurfgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004   #5
ski/kayak bum
listen surfpiper, quit piping off at the keyboard. keeping this lighthearted and fun is what its all about. and by the way, if you actually believed in the things that you say like working hard, abortion rights, the ENVIRONMENT, anybody's rights, supporting your family to the best ability possible, actual religion, or any public projects then you wouldn't be voting republican or democrat. neither of these parties has stood up for any of these policies or morals in many many years. so get off your high horse and remember that a joke is just that a joke. picking the less of two evils should no longer be an excuse. actually put down the ads and tv remote and show up in d.c. in april to protest against the imf which represents noone except profit for those who control it.
maybe a start to this project of beer waves is to get all of the toxins out of that release. coor's ads talk about clean clear crisp water. they must not be filming anywhere near the water coming out of golden.
double-a-ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004   #6
ski/kayak bum
and by the way, the coors family are known supporters of the republican party and well as bible thumpers with agendas (think converting people).
Old 01-20-2004   #7
Coors family is on their own. And thanks, I do what I say, regardless of political parties. Keep it light.. yourself included.
surfpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004   #8
ski/kayak bum
obviously i can't believe that i missed that in your first post!
Old 01-20-2004   #9
Send a message via MSN to Jiberish
Now would you have to be 21?
Jiberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004   #10
If the beer we are surfing on is rejected by Coors, it must be even worse than the stuff they sell.

Since it's against my religion, politics, or whatever to drink something as bad as Coors, being immersed in stuff worse than that would be really, really sacrilegious.

cstork is offline   Reply With Quote