Old 04-18-2006   #11
With the big easy you have to take the foot system out. That limits alot of people.

Great point about the in seam. I have friend who is shorter than I, weighs maybe 140 and who has a 34 in seam. He has a rough time.

friend of the fork, knife, and spoon
peterB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006   #12
I am 6'4" 230ish 36" inseem size 13w ,I paddle a Necky Blunt with the bulkhead all the way forward,fit in a Nomad easily much better outfitting, the Mamba was big enough.Had a T-Canyon wouldn't recomend it your legs are too straight. For playboats its harder to find something ,the Super EZ is comfortable I even know a guy taller and heavier who paddles one,it is hard to roll ,for me anyway.Jackson super Fun was easy to roll and semi comfortable excpt for the footbrace and toes rubbing on the deck. A friend has had problems with the seat on the super star he's fairly big and really strong,so a big dude putting alot of force on the seat might have problems with it.
Theres a guy about 6'8" that comes out to Meyers he seems to find demos he can fit into so there hope for 6'6"

cayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006   #13
Dirt Bag USA, Colorado
I am 6'6" and 250, 37" in seam. I have fit in a overflow-x, whip-it, ultra-clean and right now I have a Super EZ. I have even gutted out a stubby once for fun on the Ark. Demo some boats, he'll find one.
dashzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006   #14
if you want a play boat for a big guy. My friend Leif Anderson paddles a Fluid Flirt and has plenty of room to spare.
friend of the fork, knife, and spoon
peterB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006   #15
In my world 6'6" is short. I'm about 6'9" and about 230lbs. The boats I have had success with are the Dagger Mamba 8.5, Jackson Super Fun, Pyranha h3 255, Wavesport Diesel 75, Wavesport Super EZ. It is a tough deal being tall and finding a boat. Best of luck in your search.
brokenpaddlejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006   #16
, Colorado
I think Brokenpaddlejon has everyone else beat. Dude, you are a giant. I'm only 6'4", 37" inseam, 13 shoes, and I would suggest staying away from the old old boats. When I first got into kayaking, I sat in a ton of older boats that were for sale relatively cheap. The only one I fit in was a Dagger Animas, so I bought it. Although I fit, and the boat is huge, it was still uncomfortable for me, hurt my feet, and my legs fell asleep on longer runs. At that point, I thought I was doomed to paddling huge, older boats, because barely fitting in that beast, I thought there was no way I'd fit into anything smaller. Then, as I got more in to paddling, I saw other big people paddling boats much smaller than my Animas, so I started sitting in the new boats. The most comfortable boats I have ever sat in would have to be the Dagger Super Ego, and the Wavesport Super EZ, in that order. The Super EZ is very roomy, but the Super Ego just fit me perfectly. I was more comfortable in my Super Ego than my Embudo. I paddle an EZG60 now, and it's a pretty tight fit with the seat all the way back and the foam bulkhead shaved down to a hip pad...but once I'm in, it's pretty comfy. Bottom line...volume and length of the boat doesn't necessarily translate into leg room.

IkayakNboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006   #17
California Canoe and Kayak Oakland California
Send a message via MSN to Parkito
Used Boat for Super Tall Guy!

Hey Tom, I have an old Eskimo Diablo for sale. It's been used once on the Grand Canyon. Blue and Ready for a super tall guy. $350
Its at Three Rivers Paddle Shop in Almont, Colorado. Give me a call anytime toll free 888-761-3474

Matt Parker
Three Rivers Paddle Shop Manager
Parkito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006   #18
You should give Prijon a call. They have all kinds of new and used boats.
I was there the other day picking up Hercules, and saw the boats they have for sale. They are located in Boulder.
IL Fiume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #19
Telluride, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I am 6'8", 200 lbs, 37" inseam, with a Pyranha h3 and my feet fall asleep. I With no bulk head I am able to straighten my feet every once in a while to regain feeling. I got to be honest, it sucks dealing with numb feet, but paddling is just too much fun. I would like to get into a more playful boat for sure and I am going to look into the super ez and the super ego. I tried to get in my friend's Jackson superfun, but without tearing out the foam center beam and pulling the happy feet it wasn't happening. The other problem is big feet have no place to go in the small bulk head. Thanks for the info, I appreciate the tall guy pains.
tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #20
If you suffered in a super fun the super ez will not work. I just got the super fun and yanked the foot bag. The guys down out confluence helped me out and took a cell fome bulk head from a wavesport playboat of some kind and it fits awesome. I have size 15 feet and a 37 inseam as well. I think if you gave the fun some work you would like it.

brokenpaddlejon is offline   Reply With Quote