Old 10-14-2008   #11
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995

They are really tempting. on day 2-3 the other guys holding their kid back in a harness are having way more fun, but they will be stuck like that for weeks, if not a whole season, if you don't go a lot.

Bend over, with outstretched poles braced on your knees for them to use as a handle bar. It will be harder, but they will be making their own turns much quicker.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #12
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
I rented the real deal-size 6t boots and prolly 60cm skiis (dins at 0.25) for my 2 yo last season, then borrowed the edgie-wedge and the harness. On day two, my girl points to the chairlift from the carpet and says "dad, I want to go up there" so we did. On the second chair-run, I was skiing next to her, with the harness straps in hand, hanging slack (just in case..). Maybe the trick was to let her get going fast enough to realize she wanted to slow down before helping a little. I never just let her hang on the end of the leash. She had the plow stop rocking by the end of the day.

What does education often do? It makes a straight-cut ditch of a free, meandering brook. HENRY DAVID THOREAU, Journal
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #13
I'm wrong 50% of the time
RFV, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1977
O yea, I forgot to mention, I need some new equipment to. Have been ridding a plank for a few decades now, and wonder if I'll remember "how" to ski. Anybody out there have a decent pair of skis. Size 9.5 to 10 boots and what ever skis I can beg, borrow or get cheap. It's been so long, I don't think I've ever been on actual shape ski's.
Claimer: Someone that makes a claim that they have been there and done that, can do anything you can do better than you. I hate "claimers"
brendodendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #14
The Roces boot comes in 3 Adjustable sizes 9j->12j, 13j->3 and 4->7
Priced 115.00 to 125.00

"I just stood there and watched the whole thing happen!!!"
Swim team capt. is offline   Reply With Quote