Old 06-29-2006   #1
Sudden OBJ gauge change

OBJ isn't really done is it? On the AW page it was only showing 250 cfs today (and it was showing the same roughly for the previous days even though yesterday and the day before it was actually reading around 470 cfs).

Can a Crested Butte local please verify that something just happened to the on-line gauge and it will probably still hold through the weekend? (I'm flying out tomorrow and need to know if I need to drive from Denver to CB)

dooleyoc-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #2
Maybe not, but damn it's low

ran it on tuesday.. wouldn't run it again I think we are planning on doing North Fork of the Crystal on saturday and Big South on sunday, if you are planning on sticking around denver.

hortonvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #3
its still runnable but really low....
Kayaker_SkierCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #4
dropzone, Colorado
I am not up in CB so take this for what its worth. . .but, I think that the gauge is back to normal now. About a week and a half ago, the guage went straight up from in the 300s to about 600 for no apparent reason (I don't think there was rain or a really hot day). Then the guage read high for the last week or so. Then suddenly the guage dropped back to where it was before and the flow curve looks pretty natural now. So my guess would be that the gauge is correct. Also, OBJ doesn't always make it into July, and especially this year, which was a much smaller snow year overall for CB than last year.
ACC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #5
Kayak_SkierCO, do you think OBJ will hold to a runnable minimal level for Saturday? Thanks-
Old 06-29-2006   #6
Can someone in CB please let me know if OBJ will still be runnable on Sat/Sun even if it's an ELF run (extremely low flow)

Old 06-29-2006   #7
student wasted state, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Send a message via AIM to vaultman14
ran it on weds and it was low but still awesome and going to run it again today (thursday) and maybe friday, been cold the past few days but its warm today so it should be good till saturday

you know sometimes i wish i would have chosen something like baseball but, i didn't and i'm a kayaker so this is what i do." -Nick Turner (Wehyakin)
vaultman14 is offline   Reply With Quote