Old 04-13-2007   #11
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Originally Posted by peterB View Post

Disclaimer - the designer is my brother.
ah, you almost did not slip that in....

I would echo what Mut said. I have paddled a ton of playboats since the RPM first came out. And year to year I have always found it to be super personal what I liked and did not like. So demo them if you can and see what works for you...

oh I just thought of an idea. Come up to Paddlefest in BV May 18-20 and check out every boat on the planet with the super friendly and skilled CKS staff.

disclaimer...I am on the CKSquad and live here in the Ark Valley where we want your money.

Mike Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007   #12
Gypsum, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I am a firm believer that it is the carpenter and not the hammer
I don't know about that I've swung a lot of hammers and there is a hell of a difference!
I definitely agree with Muts theory on get whats comfortable and that's why I ended up with the superstar, out of the 3 boats I narrowed it down to (420,project,superstar) it was by far the most comfortable boat I've been in.
I did 5 hours in a boat I took from the shop to the river and when I was done not one ache!
That's all it took to sell me on the boat and haven't regretted it for a second! Once your comfortable the rest will come!
That's my 2 cents!

stumpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007   #13

Yeah I keep thinking of changing my log in to Shane's brother. if I don't Confluence Don always rats me out. hey maybe I'll create another log in.

friend of the fork, knife, and spoon
peterB is offline   Reply With Quote