Old 04-06-2011   #11
Pugetopolis, Washington
Paddling Since: 96
So you're the group of boaters that live in the cul de sac. My gf used to live a couple doors down.

Lock your shit up!! Her roomie had a bike stolen from in front of the house awhile back.

BarryDingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011   #12
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 03
Originally Posted by gnat View Post
Hey FC boaters (and nearby cities)

Leif and I are going to host a gear swap/ BBQ at our house on Friday, April 15th (providing the weather is good-if it is not we will postpone it). This is a perfect opportunity to give away/ sell your old gear that is cluttering up your garage, sell of those extra kayaks or just network with other boaters. We have a HUGE backyard where this will take place. If you have a portable BBQ, bring that as well as something to grill.

Gear Swap Address: 1856 Homer Drive, FC 80521.

I hope to see you all there!
Sorry Guys and Gals, Leif and I are thinking of trying to run Box Elder on Friday or Gore if that is not in! Let's keep talking about this though. I'm thinking of holding it Maybe the first week of May instead... We could do a low water Poudre run followed by a BBQ or something of the sorts.

Are people interested in this sort of event? The FC boating community brings out all the old or unwanted gear and tries to pawn it of on the newbies! Of course if you don't have any gear to swap/sell and just want to hang out you can have a beer and talk about... boating! If anyone has a projector we can even do an outside MOVIE! Yipee!!! What does everyone think?

gnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011   #13
N/A, North Carolina
Paddling Since: 2010
I will totally drive up to FC to meet some Fort boaters and get a low water run in on the Poudre, unfortunately because of school I wouldn't be able to until the 1st week of May.

1 for postponing.
This mustache has a weight limit!
NathanH. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011   #14
Fort Collins, Colorado
Well, NathanH, you are in luck because I was thinking of doing the swap in May anyway...

When would other people like to have it?
Old 04-13-2011   #15
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
Hey gnat

Penny and I would attempt to make any day you set it up for, as long as we are in town, which is a last minute decision lately. Sounds like a good time, exchanging gear and stories, especially if Leif is in any of the stories.

GearDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011   #16
Fort Collins, Colorado
OKAY, So I've figured out a day and time. Let's have the sway next Thursday MAY 12th starting at 6:30 and going to whenever. I'm going to start a new thread that is a little more catchy called -- Leif and Nat's Gear Exchange and Backyard Party, Hell Yeah!