Old 06-14-2005   #11
I use the universal reinforced edge Snap Dragon on a Pyranha M3, which I think has a slightly larger cockpit. The reccomended size for that boat is actually a XL, but the universal size (which is L) works great, although tight.

Note: I do have to put the back of the skirt on, then cinch the backband so I am sitting forward, and then put the front on. If you cinch the ratchet system first it makes it tough/impossible to put the skirt on. Well worth it if you want to be dry in your boat.

Kyle McCutchen
Cutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005   #12
Hey thanks for the info.. It looks like the Snap Dragon might be the placeto start...

I also had some good feedback from the local shop. Scuff up the rim of the boat, and leave the skirt on it for a while when you arent paddling..

PS Caspian, you can use "that line", but dont assume to much from the original post.... I still rolled it !

bouldrmatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005   #13
Don't buy a new skirt

I have an H2 with has the same cockpit as the H3. I have never had a problem with my Wild Wasser Eldo XT skirt it is also is a super cockpit. My last skirt was a mountain surf Kevlar and it was equally as good but as Kate said a pain to get on. You would be ill advised at this point to spend $$$$$ on a new skirt just go over to Wild Wasser and they WILL take care of you.
David H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005   #14
Golden, Colorado
I put paddle wax on the rim of my cockpit. I started doing it while ocean surfing and noticed that popped skirts became much rarer.
Ture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005   #15
Not sure if you're still looking for advice but....

The Mountain Surf XLK dur-o-ring skirt is pretty much designed for that cockpit rim. Mountain Surf also makes a skirt called the "Pyranha Keyhole" which is a size between their standard Large Keyhole and the XLkeyhole. The Pyranha keyhole was designed for people who had both an H3 and an S6 but only want one skirt. It'll fit slightly loose on the S6 (unless you have an overthruster) but it won't be too loose, and it'll fit a little tight on an H3.

If the only boat you have is an H3, then check out their XLK, but if you have that and a playboat, the Pyranha Keyhole skirt might be a good one for you.

Hope this helps. Later.

Randolph is offline   Reply With Quote