Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 04-20-2007   #31

Can or Can't Wait? Either way, the G-Wagon will be a welcome sight. We could definitely use it to transport dry gear down to Confluence for those that want to leave their vehicles at the top. And a fresh rinse won't be a bad thing when's all said and done this weekend.

I came home last night to a mesh bag of giveaways from DRE on my doorstep. Throw bags, First Aid Kits, and all kinds of good stuff. I also heard we have some shorts from LevelSix and Mission Playground courtesy of Confluence to be included in the raffle.

On another note, there will be a dumpster for you to throw out what you've collected just above Evans Ave. Its river right in Grant Frontier park. In case you are looking for a place to make a late entrance or an early exit due to soccer games or what have you, this would be an ideal spot. Accees is from the East side of the intersection of Evans and Platte Ave.

Also, the phrase "bring what you've got" might certainly apply to this weekend. Any extra gear, paddles, pfd's, etc., may come in very handy for others.

Oh, and if you have a little time afterwards, I've got 636 pages of heaven for you to browse through at a leisurely pace. TNT (the new testament) co-author KM might even be there.

Thanks again Gary!

twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007   #32
Game Time

OK, the trucks are packed, and we are ready to go.

To recap:

Registration and Staging: 10-12 Union Chutes
On the Water: (approx) 12 - 4ish
1/2 way station: Grant Frontier Park, just south of Evans on river right. Rest Rooms and Garbage Dump
Confluence Park: 4-5pm

Shuttle: The shuttle bus leaves City of Cuernavaca park at 10:15, 11:00, and 11:45am heading to Union. There will also be plenty of opportunity to leave dry goods in vehicles headed for the takeout if you wish to leave your vehicle at the put-in. Shuttle also provided afterwards.

Trash Bags - we've got a bunch, but feel free to bring some if you'd like
Gear - we strongly urge you to bring any and all form of watercraft safe for this activity. There is a lot of trash along the banks and trapped in the willows, so you may be getting in and out of you boat quite a bit.

Please remeber to bring water to keep yourself hydrated while on the river. We have some beverages but these are for afterwards at the takeout.

Oh yeah, one more thing. A Free copy of Retendo, still in the shrink wrap, to the person who wins the bobbing for apples contest to be held just at the bottom of Confluence.... Maybe not, we'll see.

See you all in the morning and looking for a great day on the river.

As well, big thanks to all who have contributed to make this effort a successful one including Chris W. and all the members of the FRPA, many of whom will be joining us tomorrow. We definitely appreciate all you've done.

Old 04-21-2007   #33
Highlands Ranch, CO Paddling Since: 1993
Looking forward to tomorrows event.

I would like to say a huge thanks to Randy at DRE and Mark from Keen for making this thing happen, without those two this whole deal would not be happening.

I hope we have a good turn out and don't forget to bring your biohazard clothing.
stinginrivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007   #34
Thanks Danny. After stopping by your place last night, I think the costume division may already be wrapped up. Paris better step it up today!

Old 04-22-2007   #35
I kayak DH.
Greater tri cities metro area, Colorado
I haven't seen that much flat water since the last time I was wakeboarding!!!

great day though, glad it went smooth & it was great to get out with everybody today! It was amazing some of the crap we hauled out of there, pretty unreal!
Waterwindpowderrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007   #36
Thank You

A HUGE THANK YOU to all that came out to join us on Sunday. I have still not heard back from Waste Management on the total tonnage of what we removed from the river but I will post it here when I find out.

The event was a great success thanks largely to the efforts of the boating community as a whole. Aside from their efforts on and in the river, everyone chipped in and helped where they could and it was greatly appreciated. It makes me very proud to call myself a boater when I see the community come together like this, and other instances, to help one another out. You all should be very, very proud of what we accomplished.

Thanks to our sponsors and contributors; KEEN, Down River Equipment, Confluence Kayak and Telemark, Clif Bar, VOZ Sports, Salamander, LevelSix, Front Range Paddling Association, Waste Management, and Johnson Outdoors Paddlesports.