Just a reminder and some quick updates about the river clean up which is now only 4 days away.
1. We've got a shuttle bus
....no not bunny, bus. Our friends at Outward Bound
will be bringing a 20 person bus and providing shuttle service from Union
to City of Cuernavaca Park
. It's located all the way down Platte St - the same street Confluence Kayaks is on - past 20th street, where you will find ample parking. This is where we would like to reccomend parking for the event, though if you wish to park closer to Confluence Park you are welcome to as that is where we will be having the BBQ afterwards. Regardless the bus will leave from City of Cuernavaca Park
at 10:15am, 11:00am, and 11:45am headed back to Union
. If you wish to leave your vehicle at the put in, we ask that you use the parking facilities at Waste Management, directly across from Brent Mayne Field
2. The GIANT tree at Florida is gone thanks to the hard work of the guys at DRE and a few others who chipped in.
3. I must revise my prior statement. If you have both a kayak and a raft, I would reccoment bringing both for this adventure. Rafts will be easier to work out of, can transport extra people, and also can haul more trash. However, it's looking like we will need all of the equipment we can drum up, so if you have an extra ducky, pfd, or paddle, please be sure to bring it along if possible.
4. The giveways for the raffle keep arriving at my house and one company based in Fort Collins has made a very generous contribution of liquid refreshment to keep us all cool from the heat.
5. We all need to sign a waiver
Denver Parks and Rec has lent their support to this effort and as such, we will need to fill out a quick waiver for them when you arrive. Registration is from 10am to noon at Union. This is also your entry into the raffle and a way to show our commitment to this cause so please do sign up.
6. This IS an opportunity for you to sign up and support AW! Nathan will be bringing registration forms as well as information on ways you can help, so please take advantage of this opportunity.
We still hope to be on the river by noon. Please don't forget your own water to keep you from getting dehydrated on the river...I said liquid refreshment earlier, not hydration.