South Platte Boatable all the way to LoDo
Ran from the Chatfield outflow gate to Confluence. It is all boatable with one portage point at the Zuni Power Station. You can run the dam there, but I wouldn't do it in a playboat. It tends to be very sticky. I ran it in a creeker with a lot of speed going over.
Notable wood or other obstructions:
- Just before Quincy Ave. - the was a log in the first drop past Union, I removed most of it.
- Florida Ave. drop -dead tree sticking up right side of the drop about half way down. It may be gone now.
- Florida Ave Dam Structure - Doable on three points, with a fourth all the way river right with a nice boof ledge. Be on your stroke when you land it, it gets really sticky at 800+ cfs.
- Denver Water & Sewer Headquarters (3rd Ave Deadend into a trestle bridge) - One of the rocks on the lower right section dislodged and made it a little more interesting at 1,000 cfs. Old pieces of railroad rail are either gone or hidden.
- 6th Ave Freeway Bridge - Minor log jam on river left.
Footnote: The drop at Florida Ave. is a Class III with a bad Class V consequnce should you flip in the bottom of it. 4 semi-large granite boulders with nasty sharp edges await you when you go to set up to roll. They're hidden pretty well at high flows and are just under the surface.
And the Lord said, let there be whitewater. So on Friday, the 13th day of the month....