Mountain Buzz banner

South Canyon level?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Electric-Mayhem 
#1 ·
Somebody remind me because I forget easily, what level does south canyon come in, will it be running this weekend? Is barrel still running? How is play on shoshone right now?

Zach.

#2 ·
Ran Shoshone on Sunday. Yes, Barrel is still running. There's not a lot of play on Shoshone at this level, but enough if you're creative. South Canyon comes in between 2000-3000. I don't expect it to be going off this weekend, but I'm not clairvoyant. Have fun!

#4 ·
So, maybe I should have checked the flows before I responded the first time. Looks like everything has jumped up a notch. Shoshone will have more play than what we had on Sunday at 950 cfs. South Canyon may be in, or at least should be damn close. If you're in the area already, might as well take a look. Everyone has there own opinion as to what's optimal. All this chatter is only applicable if the weather stays warm. Otherwise, the flows will likely drop again. A lot can happen in three days.

#5 ·
Acc is right...

Acc is right, it starts at 2800 and washes out around 3500. THe wave does start to form at flows lower then that, but you can't stay on it with a boat less then 10' feet long. I think the best flow is 3100 or so, its the best retentiveness combined with the most ease of getting on. If it gets close to that, expect huge lines. Last time I went it was like 30 minutes between rides. I'm thinking if it comes up this week, that it will be for a day or two, cause its gonna come up fast and just go right on past it, but for the lucky people who catch it should be fun. I bet it happens in the next two days personally. Yay, water is starting to melt.

Josh[/b]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.