Old 05-13-2006   #21
loveland, Colorado

When schedules don't gel paddling alone is the only option versus watching the lawn grow. I often bike shuttle as well so not to have to be at the mercy of drive by traffic.

suigeneris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006   #22
"I don’t care if you decide to drink a bottle of whiskey and stick a shotgun in your mouth – your decision – if you do this just remember it is best to pull both triggers!" i love that analogy for paddling, if i'm gonna do it i might as well go all out and get er done.

as far as soloing, i think it's a toss up; sometimes you feel it, sometimes you don't. i do have to agree with the gut feeling comment. my biggest crashes have come when my gut was on the wrong side of the line.

sometimes its good to be scared; if you can come to grip with your fear and harness it, it can help you take it to the next level.

just my worthless .02
Old 05-14-2006   #23
I kayak DH.
Greater tri cities metro area, Colorado
To me this is a question that many people have very different views on. I see people out ridng backcountry with just their dog, snowmobiling by themselves, solo climbing.... They all have the same drive as an inward challenge, but have a different level of danger (ya know, none of those are dangerous otherwise!!) On the other hand, they won't pull their buddy into a more dangerous situation if things go wrong.

My bros & I were just talking about this the other day, and our take was that if we're buried or pinned, we want somebody diggin for us!

Waterwindpowderrock is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules