Old 05-14-2006   #1
White R. BC
Durango, Colorado

Whoa, thanks for the responses. This is a great sport (see lost dog on bailey thread). So will I solo the E Fk SJ if I can't find someone to do it with? Na, I'm a pretty conservative boater. I'm sure it's not as good as I remember, but it and the lower W. Fk are were I really learned to boat. It's the way I boat now. Hit every eddy, nail the lines, play the heck out of it before I really get into harder stuff, keep building skills. This is a skill sport, oh yea you can hack and flail your way down a harder run than your skill level, but its not my style. Hit five eddies in #5 (sounds like golf).

But I'm still pissed about the jerk that suggested a newbie should go with him and the bros on Stoner (but only if it's up to 1500). Wtf man, I know she said she just wants to "get out there". Sure it is an easy run for a class 4-5 boater. Even a class 2 boater with a few skills could make it down the sides. But a self described newbe? Maybe I'm just an old fart who has literially and figuratively (and can't spell) out lived too many boaters (especially women) who were dragged on too hard of a run for them and quit the sport. It should be fun. Maybe I'm just not a good hyper competative 'merican.

I know I have lost boating buds because I was not willing to just go for it. Because it just didn't feel right. But that just doesn't feel right sensation is a good one to have (see Deep Survival by Lawrence Gonzales).

Anyway, I promise not to take up much more of your time (if you should be out there now, hang up and drive, you can read this later). And I promise not to waste as much time on the computer. Just say no!

But yesterday I was not going to boat. I had a great run with buds the day before, and I have been dealing with a strained ab and don't want to overdo it (why just do it when you can over do it), and a great mtb with the dog in the morning (the service berry and mock orange are bursting with flowers). Blah, blah but I read on phlows that the A is 1900.

Hmmm...I can't get a hold of anybody so I head down to Kahuna. Some frends are taking off and there is a guy out there solo. But soloing is not the real topic. I had the best freaking play boating session ever on Kahuna. No, not just on Kahuna, ever anywhere! It's got a nice little foam pile (spin towards it or you will spin off) and I start getting the feel of it and it's starting to slow down. You know the feel. Yea, baby!

Jeez, what was the topic? Oh yea, what a great sport this is. And the old Chronic is just slaming the cutbacks so I try a few blunts. They were probably just roundhouses but I've been trying for ever to do more than just spin. Well, I need to work on outfitting the new creeker.

Build skills, be safe, dream on.

Signed LTB, (love to boat).

ag3dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006   #2
funniest post in a while

Ritalin maybe?
soylent green is offline   Reply With Quote