Old 11-14-2005   #11
I think most people fight the urge to hate on your crappy posts but this is too much.

You are a tool.

Surfpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #12
Denver, Colorado

Take it easy, it is either bash you or talk about the upcoming pool sessions. Go buy a snowboard and check this site again in April. No one will care about your lameness then.

BTW, Class III for some is more exciting, horrifying, dangerous, etc., as Class V is to others. Same goes for Blues/Blacks, 5.7/5.12, V1/V9... Pushing yourself is pushing yourself no matter what your experience or skill. I don't think anyone here agrues that. And if they do, they are full of shit, or themselves (for some it's both, others it's the same). You just need to be more of an asshole.

Livingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #13
Flame on if it makes you feel better and gives you something to do.

Got a couple of snowboards had them for years been boarding since the days of Burton/Sims.

And anyone that calls themselfs a pimp is the Tool.
Don't do anything, just stand there.
rasdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #14
sward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #15
I can tell it's the off season nobody has anything better to do than crucify rasdoggie....
chadmckenzie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #16
pnw, Washington
Knew that if I waited long enough someone would say want I wanted to say better than I could, thanks Caspian.

Ras, chill man, if this site was only for the upper echelon, I would have been thrown off along time ago.
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #17
Denver, Colorado
Jeeze, I was on your side. Trying to explain that it is not you, but the low water. I was trying to be your friend and you throw the Snowboard in my face! What did I do to deserve that? I even made a legitimate comment about how pushing your limits is the same for hardcore v. newbie. Why are your so full of hate?

See, that would be classified as a whiney post. Avoid it and you'll catch less shit. You got anyone over there that can proof read it before you submit them?

Livingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #18
Sorry Livingston, didn't mean for it to come off like that there is no hate in me for anyone.
Using Snowboarding as an exaplme, back in the day at the few resorts that did allow boarders if you didn't have the skills you were looked down on by the local crew.

Then the demographics over the years have changed to now all but a few of the lifts are open to boarders and that is due to the sport/lifestyle expanding from the Mountain Dew crowd to the Mom and Kids and with that change better boards have come along with more places to ride, and sad to say bigger resorts and higher lift prices. But on the plus side more resorts are opening lift accessed "backcountry".

Rec/picnic boats will be the largest part of the kayak market very true Caspin, and kids boats will not be changed as fast as next years playboats due to mold costs. But kids will be out growing their boat and that is what the marketers are hoping for.
So you will be seeing a trend to more riverrunner/riverplay boats in the future because that is where the market/money is.

Kayaking much like SCUBA did had its growth spurt and is now looking to the Ski/Snowboard market as how to improve, grow and keep boaters on the water which is hard when the wife/husband/kids don't boat. The way for that to happen is to be more Newbie/Family friendly.

The powers that be in the industry are looking around at Gauley, FIBark and even Gore and thinking how can we get more people on to the river in our boats, and that is also part of the larger police forces at these events, when the family gets involved so does the money/law.
And Boaters/Snowriders/Surfers sleeping in the back of their trucks eating Ramen aren't bringing money into town, which I am one of.
Don't do anything, just stand there.
rasdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #19
Preacher of the Profit Paddling Since: 1990

You guys are acting like sharks in a feeding frenzy. Once the blood was in the water. First it was one, then a relentless onslought. Darren and Steve, I would have not thought it.

It's this kind of attack that keeps people from posting. It kind of makes you feel unwaited. Getting slammed by a bunch of people that you have read their postings and value their opinions, sucks also. Everyone is quick to say, your free to have an opinion. But, if that opinion differs from yours- you are also free to rake them over the internet fire. Awesome.

It sucks that things have to be like this.

See I have it good here at the shop. I get to hear about everyones awesome adventures all the time. Watching folks talk about their vacations- is like watching kids open presents. You can't help but get stoked for them. It makes me feel like traveling more. The best part is that these adventures vary as much as the people do.

Just last month I got to have a couple of these moments. One trip was about running one of the biggest rivers in the world, and running 1st decent down a never run rapid - all the while be filmed by one of the top video gurus in the sport. The other was about a longtime paddler that after almost 15 years in a boat. He was able to get on the water in rec. kayaks with his brother and sister to share paddling with them. Both are great stories.

I'll I'm saying is play nice. And, sign up for a pool class.
I love to dance, but who needs the music- It throws me off.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005   #20
Righto Don,

I am all about hearing great adventures. But that is not what this thread was started about.
I've taught (4) newbies how to roll this year, one just turned nine. They all are going to be lifers, you can tell be the commitment in learning. Took a bunch of new paddlers down WW this year and had a hoot picking up swimmers and gear. I love the vigor that these newbies will put into the sport.
But it is really hard for me to hear rants like this thread. Everyone questions where they are in a sport for one reason or another. If you don't like or aren't comfortable in your skill level - change it or don't do it.

I knew I shouldn't have taken the bait. This thread is not worth the keystrokes I just wasted. Let's keep encouragement up and the bitching down.

It's going to be a long winter... I may have to surf the Mormon sites with Medman.

sward is offline   Reply With Quote