Old 07-10-2006   #1
Charc in = charc out
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1992
Slides are wack!

craporadon said:
Slides like Stupid Falls were really cool in the late 90's when people first figured out they could run them. I guess RCRE has'nt figured out that slides are overrated. You can have Cross Creek, slide all over the place. Yahooo I'm sliding, wow.
I couldn't agree more! See evidence below.

1. Energizer on the Toxaway R. NC:

Totally lame! There are lots of other slides on this class III creek that are even more gay. Don't waste your time here if you want to have fun AND get noticed.

2. Anaconda on the Ravens Fork R. NC:

Why do people even bother with running slides?? They are so easy & boring now. Not like in the "late 90's" when everyone was figuring out how to run them. Back then, they were still cool .. but now, not so much. Ravens Fork = yaaaaaaaawwwwwwnnnnnnn.

3. Yule Cr. CO:

It's no wonder Yule never gets run -- it's booooring! (& not scenic either, as if scenery even matters!) When in CO, i'm so totally NOT into boating on slides, so I steer clear of Yule (& OBJ & anything else with lame easy slides, & people from Routt County). You should too, if you wanna get published.

4. Cherry Bomb Falls, Upper Cherry Cr. CA:

I think yer getting the point by now, but still, I'm sick of hearing about how sweet this creek is. I mean, I've done it -- in the late 90's, when it was still fun -- but all these jonny-come-latelies think they're the sh*t cuz they can run some granite slides. Big effin' deal man! It's just not that sick.

5. Middle Fk. Kings R. CA:

Hahahaa .. 4 days of granite bedrock slides .. I'd rather put on spandex & go rollerblading!

6. Tatlow Cr. BC CAN:

I know it looks like these dudes are having fun "sliding", but trust me, the guy pumping his fist is a beginner & he'd be having fun if he was practicing offside rolls or flatwater cartwheels.

In summary, I hope you will all agree with craporadon that slides are: 1. easy now that it's 2006; 2. totally lame; & 3. not the sweet way to get media attention.

Discuss ...

ToddG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006   #2
Bham, Washington
Paddling Since: 1997
yeah, ToddG and Crapodon hit it on the nose.

On sunday, yule university graduated three out of a class of 8 and all graduating members agreed they would never come back it was so lame. Next I'll just go paddle in a pond.

Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006   #3
yeah, I hate sliding!!
...........and sledding just insn't the same either! The jumps these days, are, just so much lame now that they used to be. If you really want to get noticed, sled in the woods!! sickness!
WesternMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006   #4
dropzone, Colorado
umm, yeah slides are uber passe...

and, uh, correct me if I am wrong but those first two l-a-m-e slides look like:
1. landbridge
2. mike tyson's

but, I guess it really doesn't matter sinces slides are clearly inferior to the exceptional boulder garden mank that we CO paddlers are privileged to run so frequently...

yeah, slides suck
ACC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006   #5
Charc in = charc out
Seattle, Washington
check your "literal" at the door on this thread please

total sarcasm

but yeah, that is tyson's, not anaconda. don't feel like editing tho. & energizer v. landbridge = i dunno, havn't paddled tox ... you kno better than me, so i guess it is.
Old 07-10-2006   #6
Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
Originally Posted by ACC
2. mike tyson's

That second one is actually Mortal Kombat. But, who's counting. I had a buddy get stuck in the bottom drop on the RL side. It sucked. We pulled him out with a rope.

GAtoCSU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006   #7
Charc in = charc out
Seattle, Washington
georgia -- sorry fella, i wouldn't really know .. see, my crew's been boycotting anything with a slide on it since, like, just before the late 90's .. & ravens only started getting run around then. i refuse to even watch video with slides. like Aerated, you know, it had that easy, not-fun-since-98 slide on the cover: WACK! oh, & just about anything in norway too cuz it's all off-vert. anyway, good drinking a beer with you the other day.

acc -- nice addition! that pinch thing on BT is a great example of what we're talking about here.
Old 07-10-2006   #8
The second picture is Mike Tysons not Mortal Kombat or Anaconda.
asoutherner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006   #9
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
I hear ya Todd. I went to Yule yesterday with that crew of eight. I was actually the 9th paddler, but didn't even bother to gear up. I took a look at the slides and decided to shoot pics instead because I just didn't even want to waste my time with such boring crap. The poor fellas that decided to run it had the worst time ever.
marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006   #10
Summit, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to COUNT
I don't care what you guys say. Slides are dope. You'd all agree with me if you showed up to the crazy Slip'N'Slide party at my pad tonight...but, ohhh, it's bikini clad ladies only. Sorry 'bout that.

"The world would be a better place if everyone kayaked."-Brad Ludden (Valhalla)
"You only get one chance to run a drop blind."-DD
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote