Old 05-06-2004   #1
Boise, Idaho
Skirt leakage question

I think I'm leaking around the cockpit of my Salto. The last part of last season and now this season I'm taking on a lot of water in the bigger stuff. In the flat, it doesn't happen. So I think it's coming in through the skirt. Does anyone know of a product that can help with sealing the skirt a little better? Seems like I've heard of this before.

ID Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004   #2
If it is a hole in the skirt then aqua seal works really well. You can get it at any shop in a wide variety of colors. It is super easy to apply and works super well and fast.

Whiskey's for drinkin' and waters for fightin'
- Mark Twain
wycoloboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004   #3
I've found that Marine Goop is the liquid duct tape of future. It seams to do the same job as aquaseal, costs half as much, and you get 10 times as much. That mean you can just slop it on everything. Just like duct tape. However, I think your prob is that security mettle loop thingy in front of the cockpit. Eskimo did a less than ideal job of sealing it. Good news is, Marine Goop will work for that too. Hmmm, I wonder if Marine Goop sponsers boaters.
bigboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004   #4
I have the same problem with me Dagger ID. I know that there isnt a hole in the skirt, and I know that it is comming in from the skirt because I can feel it spray my legs when I am messing arrount in the waves. I was Thinking maybe a splash dam would help, But I dont Reely want to put one on, and I dont know exactly how. Any sugestions?
SurferMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004   #5
Local, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to paddlebizzle
mine leaked through the seam between the skirt and boat. I was told to generously apply paddle wax to the rim of the boat where the skirt goes over. It works well and isn't messy (you don't get alot of crap on your skirt).

problem is that in really cold water (now), the wax gets brittle and the system breaks down. That and you have to reapply to keep it working.
paddlebizzle is offline   Reply With Quote