Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1
Shoulder docs in Vail?

I'm looking at a possible shoulder surgery and I imagine some of you have been fixed up by a doc in the Vail Valley. Wondering if anyone has recommendations on who I should (and shouldn't) see there. Thanks!

holley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #2
Edwards, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2014
The king!

Our Team: Dr. Richard Cunningham | Richard Cunningham, MD

Managan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #3
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
I work in Orthopedics and while I am sure there are Ortho Docs in the Vail valley that could fix you up I thought I would let you know that Dr Hatzidakis at Western Orthopedics in Denver is nationally known for shoulders. Its rare to find any doctor that is so highly respected as Dr. Hotzidakis. Since people travel from all over to see him I thought it might be worth the trip down from Vail to see him. If your surgery is straight forward and not full of complications than other Ortho doc would be fine but he is considered the best in Colorado for sure.
Treswright3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #4
Grand Junction, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
My wife had her shoulder done at the Steadman Clinic in Vail. Dr. Millet is a stud for sure. She had been to several other orthos with no help whatsoever. Millet diagnosed the issue in minutes and surgery was an end to years of discomfort.
akorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #5
Nosebleed, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1977
funrivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #6
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
I too work in Ortho. Hatz is the real deal and is well respected by everyone in town. My brother had Millet do his shoulder surgery at Steadman and he is also very good. Asking who is better would depend on what the procedure is but both are very skilled and that isn't based on reputation, but on seeing both of them work. If you're sticking in Vail I had my brother go to Millet and he could have gone to anyone, take that for what it's worth.
theusualsuspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #7
I live in Breck. I broke my foot in the BVI. Called and made an appointment at Stedmen. I nursed it for 10 days....... The days after I get home I went to see them. Yep. Broke. Those Gus have all the cool toys.
I have to drive to Denver 2 times a year..... I sure as shit won't go there for elective surgery. Although they do have really good Asian food down there.
nemi west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #8
Thanks for the feedback. I live in Steamboat and was planning to go to Dr Grey in FC, but Vail would be much more convenient so I figured I'd ask around. I appreciate the recommendations.
holley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #9
Vail, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Dr. Millett

Look up Dr. Millett at The Steadman clinic. Arguably one of the best in the world. I have had both shoulders done with him (2nd of which was 2 weeks ago) and he is the man. When you sit in his office you must stare at hundreds of thank you notes and signed jerseys from MLB pitchers, NFL receivers, and just about every other discipline of professional athlete.
skibumandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #10
Basalt, Colorado
Dr. Millett. Mic Drop

jalthage is offline   Reply With Quote