Old 06-11-2015   #1
Enfield, New Hampshire
Paddling Since: 1990
Sevylor SK100DS spec variations?

Anyone know what the variations are between the newer red and white model as compared to the original yellow and black? I bought a red and white one last fall on Amazon and it is actually 9' 2"s long instead of the advertised 10' 2"s. Dont know if this is a good or bad thing. Also has anyone paddled both these versions and noticed any difference?
I dont know of any manufacturer or company here in the States who can give me correct info on this , hence the posting here

JIMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015   #2
Paddling in to the Future
Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2000
the yellow and black is also 9'2" that was just a marketing mistake. I own both and they are identical with the exception of color. A buddy of mine also has the aquaglide klikitat. which is identical in everything except for color and it has a detachable skeg.

PhilipJFry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015   #3
Enfield, New Hampshire
Thanks, very helpful.
Old 07-09-2015   #4
Phoenix, Arizona
Paddling Since: 2013
I tried posting to my original thread but it was too old

Im glad my posting got more people interested in this great lil IK..
I've now owned mine for a year and it is a great lil IK!! It is super easy to set up and break down, super rigid, handles great on its own but even better with an NRS skeg glued on.

I love that you can fit about 4 or 5 of these in the trunk of a midsize sedan (especially if you just take the kayaks, paddles, seats and only 1 pump) which is awesome for trips to the lake or river. No need for a truck, trailer and the inherent hassle with hardshells. And it is much more stable than the few hardshells I've tried. I haven't had a single hole or rip yet (and hopefully wont anytime soon, "knock on wood").
All in all, I'm very satisfied with my purchase!!

Would love to hear from anyone else's experience with them.
How are you liking yours Phillip?

Da_Q-ban_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015   #5
Enfield, New Hampshire
OK, off the OP thread, but Phil answered that quite fully. In reply to the above post, I too am loving the Sevy. I am now paddling it exclusively instead of my hard boat. It does big water, technical water, you name it. The only stuff I have not tried are big, ie more than 5' ledges and have not tried surfing very steep or big glassy waves. No real cons to speak off. As a preventative measure i applied transparent gorilla tape to the undersurface below and around the seat where there is maximal chance of rock abrasion. The air holding quality of the PVC material is superb. I inflated the boat really tight a round the middle of March and it has not lost an iota of air.