Old 06-28-2005   #1
Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
Send some damn chainsaws to

Fort Collins and Durango already...Big south,when are you fort maggots gonna get off your sorry asses and clean something by you..You people get up at 4 to hike your boat but you can't do any maintanance on your runs...Don't give me any of your shit about high water bringing wood in,some of that has been there for years...Get off your asses!

As for Durango,what the hell are you people doing?There has been wood in Lime for 10+ yrs and you people just walk around it instead of getting your lazy drunk asses up and cutting some crap out of the river...Chamberlin,your on this maggot list also,get the cim clean you maggot...

Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005   #2
Ski Patrol
Lets keep it clean guys! I am going into the big south for a thursday run. I will bring a small hand saw that can fit in my boat. If there is anything small that I can take care of I will be on it.\

Mike Hagadorn

A wise man once said "You Play You Pay"
DeLiSh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005   #3
DeLiSh's comment about the hand saw reminded me of a gerber saw i own...I have it for backpacking and its sweet...It compacts into about an eight inch long handle and then blade is another like 6 inches when expanded. The blade on it is suprisingly very strong and really makes a great cut. I think its a great little thing to stuff in a boat and im sure some of you hardcore creekers would make great use of it...Check out this link and see what you think...
It is worth every penny in my opinion!

nmccorkell1384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005   #4
Technology Partner, Littleton, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to mvhyde
whine whine whine

A little wood is good
mvhyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005   #5
good call Gary, I dont boat class 5 and i still run up the west fork of clear creek in Empire and clean what i can buy myself! Oh and i use that Gerber saw you are talking about nmccorkell1384 it's great! light and fast! later!
brettb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005   #6
Boulder, Colorado
I have a "SaberCut" saw. It is a basically a hand operated chainsaw

It weighs about 6 oz, folds up into a small pouch.

Note that this is not a "wire saw" that you find in some camp stores. The SaberCut uses a chainsaw chain (but with the "teeth" set so that you can get a cutting action in both directions). There are handles on the two ends of the chain. It can easily go through a fairly large hardwood log in a few minutes

Found several web sites doing a search on "SaberCut" saw, they cost around 25 dollars. Here is one site that I found...
Cheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005   #7
i got wood right now
pughjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005   #8
Charc in = charc out
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1992
what do you care, edgeworthless? it's not like you're a kayaker anymore. ((maybe see ya at the cage fight on the 9th, Kip!))

as for the BS, yeah, it needs some work. last year & the year before, you could get around, under, or over all of it. with the level being higher right now & with the high water over the last month, the situation's a little different. the road hasn't even been open a week yet -- chill. oh, & good luck cutting water-logged old-growth with your pocket knife guys ...

frenchy will take care of it all this fall ...
ToddG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005   #9
Anyone down for a Chainsaw assisted run on the Big South this next weekend? We have one lined up but would need some extra guns to pull that wood out after it is free.

Let me know,

Old 06-29-2005   #10
Bham, Washington
Paddling Since: 1997

I'm down. Give me a call 988-5502. As last weekends Big South crew can atest to I got the muscle you need.

Force is offline   Reply With Quote