Old 11-04-2010   #21
The next zone, .
Man I wish I could go as I think your crew will have a great time in there... Sounds like a good group for this type of thing.... I would also take some whiskey instead of beer... Yep bring a bunch of whiskey even if you have to leave the food at home!!

On another note I could swear that cb is talking about salider in the below quote... Yep that quote fits good old slaiver to a T ..

Originally Posted by caseybailey View Post
Sorry to hate. I just think it's ironic that you hate on the front rangers, yet you live in DGO. Quite simply, it ain't the place it used to be. I spent 10 wonderful years down there (pre wal-mart, home depot, etc.). It used to be a mountain town, now it's a suburb clone where folks go to live to be cool. That said, it is surrounded by amazingness and there are a handful of leftovers still out there gitting it done. Props on your trip. Have fun, be safe, I'm jealous.

"I feel better than any other time when I am in the mountains and uh I cant explain it ya know...." - Shawn Farmer..........
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010   #22
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Originally Posted by cosurfgod View Post
-I have a bottle of beam and a case of pbr. Any suggestions on a nice bottle of scotch to sip?
As far as a "nice" bottle of scotch to sip, I would have to ask what you're willing to spend...obviously the nicer bottles are exponentially more $$. If it were me, I'd bring two bottles of Macallen 12yr - the Sherry Oak (the red box), not the Fine Oak (white box, which is good, but I prefer the Sherry Oak) which I can find for ~$35, but see them as high as $55. An 18yr will be better, but will run you about $150 per bottle. Why bring one when you can bring 3 really good bottles for the same price?

For a nice stogie to pair with the scotch, of course, I recommend a Fuente Fuente Opus X...they usually come out this time of year before the holidays.

Have a great trip!

OpusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010   #23
Eagle, Idaho
Paddling Since: '78
Originally Posted by sealion View Post
Your better bet is to hook up with some fat boat privates and play the sycophant yakker you really are and beg for them to take your trash. Be sure to not mention your post about keeping it real.

Good luck.
That will NEVER happen......the "surfgod" hates rubber. There are years of archives of rafter-bashin'.

I'm all for self-support yakin' in the big ditch....hope to do it someday. Don't forget your Cosco-sized (empty on day one) mayo jar!!!
GoodTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010   #24
Unincorporated Douglas County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Originally Posted by GoodTimes View Post
That will NEVER happen......the "surfgod" hates rubber. There are years of archives of rafter-bashin'.
And front rangers.

GoodTimes, when did you move to Idaho? Didn't you live in Pueblo?
Karma is like this: If we set causes in motion the effects come back to us.
rwhyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010   #25
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1986
This is what you need.

yea boyeee...
ckspaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #26
Farmington, New Mexico
Paddling Since: 2000

Homeboy is going to swim before he gets out of Marble Canyon, losing all his PBR and his bong. That should clear up some room in the boat. Chances are, his crew will leave him at Phantom cuz he can't paddle 30 miles a day. Don't know why he's stressin' - the weather will be perfect for a hike out and you can always get a hot meal on the rim.

rgAHOLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010   #27
80523, Confusion
always, always bring 2 bongs on the grand canyon.....

hnw2 is offline   Reply With Quote