Old 04-22-2011   #11
St. Anthony, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2000
Thanks, its at 18,600. Think its in?

sweetwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011   #12
pocatello, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
went and looked today while my daughter was with family in the area. there is certainly a surfable wave right where the directions said it would be. flows are about 18,800. Looked like good eddy service and a smooth wave not epic but solid, wide and well shaped.

I did not want to get in alone and test it out. There is a basalt ledge that extended and indeterminate distance that I did not want ot windowshade on and end up unconcious.

After tkaing out it may be a 50yd carry back to the truck. total park and play. On the other side of the river there may be more/another feature that comes in at a higher level but I couldn't figure out how to get there quickly. It was too far to really tell how good it was on the other side.

fiya79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011   #13
St. Anthony, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2000
Sorry I didn't write back sooner. Disclaimer: I'm not much of a playboater.
I checked it out at about 18.5 k. Decent wave, definitely not epic. The basalt ledge seemed to go a few feet out but then it was just wave. Great eddy service. The wave had a slight push to the river left which would push you off the wave (you have to work a tad to stay on it).
We ferried across the river and looked at the waves forming off the island in the center of the river and the wave on far river left. Neither were very good. The one on far river left was way too steep.
At 20+ cfs it could be better.
Keep in mind I don't playboat much, so my opinion of a good wave might be different from a experienced playboater.
hope this helps
sweetwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011   #14
boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
bump. any pics or beta of/on this wave at the 25,000 flow (which is now)? thanks

ajpz is offline   Reply With Quote