Old 11-08-2010   #1
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Scum Bag Alert!

Just to let those of you who live in Fort Collins don't leave you bike on top of your car, someone busted my lock and stole my bike right off the top of my car. Luckily it was not my kayak or I would be really upset. If you happen to see someone selling a Kona King Kickapu without a front wheel or one that matches the rear wheel let me know. Thanks

Jmannhei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010   #2
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
That really sucks. Where were you parked?

Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010   #3
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 2009
I thought this was about me. I was gonna say I took a shower this morning.

All kidding aside. That sux ars. You did have the serial number written down or a pic of didn't you?
LineDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010   #4
Contact the bike shops and pawn shops in case they take it in to part it out. I assume you filled a police report already?
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010   #5
Eagle, Colorado
That is a total bummer. I would also keep an eye out on craiglist in your area. Sometime the crooks aren't to smart. Good luck finding your ride.
Eagle Mapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010   #6
Durango, Colorado
Agreed, keep an eye on craigslist and the paper, let the cops know, and let the bike shops know. Maybe shops in Boulder also. I use to work at a bike shop and it was amazing how often they got back to the owner through one of the avenues above.
CanyonEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010   #7
Teacher, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Sketch ball

You might see if this guy knows anything.
fully loaded kona
The ad sounds kind of weird.
If you need help I am always up for a good sting operation and live in the Fort
boof512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010   #8
Durango, Colorado
That is a super sketchy add. don't contact him and make him think you know. Go about it in a low key way. No one who owns a nice enough bike will try to get rid of it like that.
CanyonEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010   #9
There is a frame only for sale on the western slope craigs;ist. Blue. 16 in. maybe a lead there?
PARKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010   #10
OC-1 disciple
Fort Collins, Colorado
Or at least don't call in a huff, keep yer cool. I know of someone that actually went to a bike chop shop up in Laramie, who had thier ride stolen down here in FOCO. He saw all kinds of bike parts, when he was invited by someone to look at a bike he was "wanting" to buy from the place. He was soooo fired-up apparently seconds away from throttling the guy, he kept his cool, came back down to the police station told them everything, they coordinated with Laramie police and went up there, where a altercation ensued and the 6'6" brickhouse cop crumpled some fool trying to get in his face about the stolen bike(s). He returned to FOCO with the guys bike mostly intact, and a bike chop shop shut down.

That being said, because they cretens chop (part out) the bikes, I would also look for the bling parts individually, or at least as part of the "package" they are trying to sell.

Sucks I know, I had a $4500 totally tricked out Rocky Mountain stolen from me in a place that was very very very conspicuous (very very public), on a bomber bike rack, for one hour, and with 2 bomber locks. Gone, everything gone. That was 9 years ago, and I still see ghosts of that bike when someone is riding a tricked out bike down the street

jonas_f is offline   Reply With Quote