Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 10-21-2015   #1
missoula, montana
Paddling Since: 1990
Save the Jondachi! Missoula Pint Night/ Indiegogo/ Lost Trail Season Pass Raffle

To the boating community on Mountain Buzz:

I’d like to invite you to support free-flowing rivers across the globe by collaborating with Jondachi Fest 2016!

As a graduate student in Environmental Studies at UM last winter, fellow class-mate Chandra Brown organized a class V kayak race and community river festival in Ecuador. Jondachi Fest was an attempt to promote international “wild and scenic” protected river designation for the imperiled Jondachi River, an important tributary to the Ecuadorian Amazon. The Ecuadorian Rivers Institute's legal defense of the Jondachi and the exposure generated by the Jondachi Fest have effectively stalled out dam development, and we are thrilled to organize another festival this January. But Jondachi Fest 2016 needs support! We are organizing a last-minute campaign to raise the money necessary to put on the race, hold the educational workshops in the community, and pursue protected designation for the Jondachi Ecological Corridor.

As part of this campaign, we have just launched an Indiegogo fundraiser (https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/save-the-jondachi/x/12492746#/) and we are inviting our Montana family to rally together at a local fundraising event in support of international watershed conservation.

We are holding a fundraiser at Draught Works in Missoula on Tuesday, November 3rd. There will be a raffle with merchandise from local businesses such as StrongWater, LB Snow, OmniBar, a season pass from Lost Trail Ski Area and much more!

Come down and have a few delicious beers and hang out with local boating and ski enthusiasts!

Hope to see you all there,

Sean Doty

sean_d_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015   #2
Missoula, Montana
Paddling Since: 2012
Sounds like a good time, count me in. PM me if you're still collecting donations for the raffle, I might be able to throw a few things your way from my shop.
seantana is offline   Reply With Quote