I appreciate all of the advice. I don't think we can team up for a May 9th shuttle, but perhaps May 10th.
Our current plan (but still subject to change) is as follows:
- Drive to SI put-in late Sunday night (May 9).
- Drive shuttle Monday morning (May 10).
- Launch around noon (give or take).
- Two vehicles: Suburban with trailer, Toyota Camry. Leave Suburban at take-out.
- After the trip load our group in the Suburban (we only have 7) and drive back to SI to pick up the Camry.
It sounds like I ought to avoid SH 261. I drove that highway many years ago in my college days and was very surprised to find that road up the cliff. Very impressive. I was looking forward to seeing it again, but with my trailer I probably better not risk it. I guess we could take it in the Camry on the way back to SI.