Old 03-18-2004   #1
Salt River flows, info

Just got invited last minute for a Salt trip next Friday. Looks like it hit 2000 a few days back, but seems to already be coming down. Does anyone know where the snowpack is listed for this drainage? I know it's been warm - but that seems a little early for a peak already.

Also - sounds like we are breaking the drive up and heading to Albuquerque for a night and then onto the put in. Is there any play spots to hit either on the way to or in Albq? Also - if we get to the put in area early - I heard there is a park and play spot on the Salt - info on that would be great. Thanks - I am stoked to be getting on the water!

WspSteamboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004   #2
Highlands Ranch, CO Paddling Since: 1993
To check the flows for the day run it is the chrysotile gauge.Sorry I am being retarded and can't get the link to work.

It is possible to have seen the peak already since this river is in the northern part of the sonoran desert, but probably not, I don't know for sure though it has been quite a while since I have been down there. To get a better idea though check the snowpack at sunrise ski area that is at the headwaters.
As far as park and play when you get to the put-in after you buy your permit to be on the reservation drive down the road alongside the river about 4 miles you will pass second camp and when you get to cibecue creek the ledges are right there. Have a blast

stinginrivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004   #3
Awesome Danny - thanks!
WspSteamboater is offline   Reply With Quote