Mountain Buzz banner

Salida Yet?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Mike Harvey 
#1 ·
Anybody been to Salida yet? What is a level that makes it worth the drive? And which guage is the best to use?

#2 ·
Salida

I have been surfing the hole the past few weeks. Its been so warm here the hole got up to almost 400 from what it felt like. I also went up to BV and surfed the hole there. the new one that they put in was surfable and you could easily spin. It was still pretty shallow. At the lower salida hole you can surf, spin, and low angle cartwheel. I got a few ends before i hit the bottom, its still not deep at all. I have been estimating the level based on the Gorge gage and the pine creek gage, everything else has been not working or still frozen. I wouldnt drive to surf the hole unless i was really really wanting to boat. hope that helps

#5 ·
visually, looking at the drops today, it is on the low side but you can deffinately throw lefties in the lower hole and probably go both ways in the slot in the upper. I still just want to ski so I have not bothered to break out the boat. but come on down if you need some paddling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.