Posting this for a friend (Mark Bockman)
The last 5430 Sports race of the season, the Wild on Windsor Triathlon in Windsor, Colorado (near Ft. Collins) is just 4 days away, on Sunday, August 30.
Right now we are short on volunteers, so if you're able to help, we can use your talents even more than usual! If you have friends who may want to help as well, please forward this message to them.
Arrival time is 7:30 AM for this race, which will hopefully make it easier for everyone to make it up to Windsor. The swim course closes at 9:30, so you'll be done after about 2 hours.
This year we're providing some nice technical shirts to the volunteers, so please send me your t-shirt size if you would like to volunteer. You'll get a race meal after kayaking, and an invitation to the end-of-season volunteer party as well (free food and beer).
Please let me know if you can help! And again, if you have friends who might like to help, please try and recruit them.
Thank you all!
5430 Sports Swim Course Coordinator
Most of you know the scoop on safety boating, but here are the details:
- Who can do it? Anyone who is comfortable paddling a kayak on a lake.
- What equipment do you need? A kayak, paddle, and PFD. Sunscreen and a water bottle recommended.
- What's the time commitment? About 2 hours for the Windsor race, starting at 7:30 AM.
- What's the job description? Paddle a boat around the swim course, assisting swimmers as needed, keeping them on course, and above all, keeping them safe.
- Where are the race located? Windsor, Colorado at Windsor Lake.
- Why should you do it? #1...it's fun! You get to paddle on Boulder Rez, watch the races start from a unique viewpoint, and help keep the swimmers safe (for which they are extremely grateful). Also, you'll get a t-shirt and a meal at every race.