Mountain Buzz banner

Royal Gorge below 300cfs?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  glenn 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I was wondering what this run is like at such low flows, I think today is under 300. Some friends & I were thinking of paddling it next Monday, & we're from Pagosa. Any other kayakers have word on what its like at these kind of flows? Still fun & worth the drive? We're hankering for more river time, just too short this year. Glad I've got Canyon trip to look forward to in Sept!

#2 ·
I took a low water trip a few years back. I'm told the flow was 280 but I thought it was a little higher. I'm usually wrong when it comes to things like that though.

It was fun, relatively channelized in the gorge but obviously not the least bit pushy. Sunshine was cool, but it drew a few swims. I think the right line through the hole went fine or a fantastic boof off the autoboofer rock. If you got too far left on the autoboofer you would drop vertically into the hole and get washing machined. Long float out. Brings some beers and hang out at corner pocket. Should be worthy then since nothing else is running.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.