Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 06-15-2015   #11
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1986
I can't recall how many times I feel alone on an ARK float, yet somehow 200,000 people float it every year. Locals are boating, we just know when to go to avoid the out of towners. Come back soon y'all!

DoStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015   #12
Paddling Since: 96
Originally Posted by DoStep View Post
I can't recall how many times I feel alone on an ARK float, yet somehow 200,000 people float it every year. Locals are boating, we just know when to go to avoid the out of towners. Come back soon y'all!
Yuh... Boat the Ark 100 days a year and our group is alone on the rio more than half the time.

Phil U. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015   #13
The next zone, .
Man I log on and find boring buzz has well one thread worth reading!

I spent a fair share of time over in Durango so I want to help you boys. For starters - it looks like you durangatangs must have left one of our valley's transplants over on your side for the weekend or at least one of you would have been firing it up...

It (piney) got ran (in playboats) the same evening after you boys looked at it then only used the front zipper in your dry suits. Yea in the little boats the "hardcore creeker" types only see on the tops of cars... Creek boats are for well creekin and you boys just waked the stouts on what many BV locals consider a play run... Next time after you are done save some face or - just head down to salider for the evenings as you will find have a lot of peers who love them big ass boats and dont like to take the full hike at piney...

My advice is next time you are thinking of coming up - buy beer, a simple eggs and toast breakfast, or get down on your knees to beg transplant Kev-o-boy to come over with ya to hold your hand, wispier sweet nothings in yor ear, or help show ya how it done up here.

No safety set? Never will be... #4 is so hectic it is to be run in a line like commercial rafts?? Never! #4 is just a couple play waves that were very good to great the past couple nights.. A scapegoat line is a kickflip in 1.5 as right now or 1.5 = blunt city a all day play wave auto service on river left... Do you boys even know the right right line in #3? Tooooo many other play spots to list right now well if you are not paddling a boat that resembles the Titanic but yea it is a lot easier and less pushy for the tourists at these water levels in a creek boats...

The next time you come up just remember to bring Kev at all costs as he PLAYS well with the locals. On a side note if you bring Kev you will pry also want to leave all the titanic size safety blankets at home as the only reason you would bring a creeker to BV right now is is for Lake Creek.. Well maybe a mellow lap of Clear.. Lake is at a relatively low 1100 cfs when compared to the 2200 that it got ran at a few years back by a group w kev in it - so unless you want to run lake - especially if you have Kev just open the mind, leave the creekers at home, and plan on a nice leisurely evening play run.
"I feel better than any other time when I am in the mountains and uh I cant explain it ya know...." - Shawn Farmer..........
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015   #14
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1982
I bet this kid talking shit just graduated from high school. The mis-usage of pro-nouns and verbs at best shows a ninth grade education level. I wouldn't be worried about us people from the Ark Valley running the brown. I would worry about your future as a productive member of society. hahaha. Just kiddng. Have fun out there everybody and enjoy this once in a 20 year flow! Glad you folks from down south got to run the best of what colorado has to offer.
A hole so big, it sucked the leaves off the tree.
DesertRatonIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015   #15
Salida, Colorado, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Pine Creek gets run all the time at these flows by BV and Salida locals, in play boats. Not to sure you guys should feel all that great about your Ark escapades.

But sure glad you enjoyed yourself on the high flows.
Philthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015   #16
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Thats a nice picture of you guys standing around. You probably want to frame that one.
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015   #17
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 06

Nothing but crickets on the river over the weekend...were are these tourists you speak of??? Where are these mysterious groover boats you speak of in Pine Creek??? We got out to look because we thought we saw Sasquatch, turns out it was a huge picture of JMACK with his shirt off projected on the granite walls above PC. Damn you Deep South!!! DAMN YOU!!!!!

Jahve, this site needs a thumbs up button.
I can tell you this though, after the torrential rains of the week and weekend we couldn't get up to the put ins of LC and CCA...because the roads were muddy and we didn't want to get our subaru's dirty and the 4 priuses we brought get shitty gas mileage on dirt roads. Thing is, we saw no tracks up yonder either...you sally's haven't even dusted those jems off yet!!!!

I'm guessing a crew from Durango will be down soon to check all that "scary stuff" for wood for you! ahahahaha
I've never boated before, but I have posted a lot on Mountain Buzz!
rg5hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015   #18
Breckenridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
RG5HOLE, Can you hand roll in the river if shit coming out of your mouth, or do you need a paddle?
joejacksonframing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015   #19
GWS, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Ha Ha Jahvea. Spot on!. Don't forget to mention that the playboater on pine is also pushing 40. Not some young punk who thinks the upper A at 1000 is "stout".

Durnago was not at suicide flows, it was prime time. I hear the playpark was finally worth driving for.
Mut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015   #20
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
If I hadna just moved to fucking Warshington I'd be lapping it up in the Ark valley, just like a few years back when flows were up at these splashy levels.

Hit LC below the reservoir if it's over a thousand. Boof the spillway waterfall if the gates out of Clear creek res are spilling. Get those weird lines that nobody touches. Run Pine Creek proper through the tunnel, under the tracks, and into Pine creek rapid if you're feeling sporty.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

tango is offline   Reply With Quote