Old 07-11-2006   #31
Potential 1st D

There are porbably a few left around here but not much. My guess would be you looked at Lime Creek Canyon (Eagle to Thomasville road). A group of us ran from Lime Creek Park to ~ 4miles down to the first bridge over Memorial weekend. We havent had a chance to write it up yet but basically it took two days and was very slow going with a decent size creek bed and some great rapids along with some extremely steep stuff.

There may be a few things above the upper pan but other than that I have pretty much looked at everything near Vail. But I am sure there is more to be had and I try to get in one new run a year so PM me if you want to share and I will share back, offline

Chad Dyson

Chad D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006   #32
Charc in = charc out
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1992
is lime on the 'pan side?

we dropped into something i thought was "lime" 3 or 4 yrs ago that was a logjam-fest .. we didn't even make it to the gorge before walking out. i was kinda bummed on the decision to hike out cuz the gorge was reportedly really good (& had been paddled by a couple west slopers over the years) ..

ToddG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006   #33
Lime Creek Canyon

The part we paddled was below Woods Lake. We put in at Lime Creek Park (shown on topos) at the climbing areas and took out at the bridge up the Brush Creek road from Thomasville. This section is on the pan side of Crooked Creek Pass.

Wood was an issue and willows were a pain in the ass at the start and at the end. We just took our time and picked away at it slowly. We had to leave our boats and gear and hike out after spending 7 hours on it the first day, went back in the next morning and spent another 4. I think we had 8 or so portages but the only rapid we couldnt boat was the big one that was clogged at the bottom with no eddys start to finish (~400yrds long and really steep with tons of moves).

I would like to here about other trips on this section if you have more info.

Chad D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006   #34
Charc in = charc out
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1992
yeah, same place. beautiful putin & so close to the I70 corridor.

i'll try to dig up some info from the guys that i went in there with. they got a heads up on it from some carbondale guys i think. somethin like that anyway.
ToddG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007   #35
Back to the Thread's message

Dear Eagle County boaters,
Not all of you are oscar myer weiners but for sure most of you are.

Sorry I have been absent from this Eagle bashing thread, but some things need to be cleared up here. A 20 day trip on the Grand Canyon for Gear Testing really takes you out of the scene, my apologies.

Routt County is not afraid of beer bongs. KT has had some very bad experiences drinking anything else besides whiskey before boating class V. Kudos to his superb liver. He would not have fired up Stupid the next day instead of rafting Oh - Be if he was drinking beer.

Eagle Co, Don't even try to stop this thread's message. If you all are trying to call us out, watch out cause we are now stronger than ever. With 3 first D's in our region last year and you all only having one sick creek that you somehow seem to never clean, I think you need to pipe down. Craporadon, you have some serious shit under your belt so this is directed at the rest of your slack ass crew. off the couch

And you boys better recognize that we are going to win most competitions and creek races throughout the state. Beware team D, I hope the timing won't be skewed towards them because I have some sick old boats that are going to shut yall up. Old school prijons bring the thunder, especially with the chunderposse bringing yall down. Wayne Chorter is back on the team, Chunderboy came to me in a dream and said, ask Kato and Waynechorter to travel the state with you in a mountain rescue ambulance and give the Eagle County Crowd a clinic in manners and local creek chainsaw cleaning. So when you are ready please schedule that around my event tour.
May 4th,5th, and 6th Glenwood, CO Glenwood Canyon Canoe and Kayak swap

May 18th 19th 20th Buena Vista CO CKS Paddlefest

May 28th Steamboat, Paddling Life Invitational, Memorial Day

May 29th - June 3rd Vail, Teva Mountain Games

June 9th, 10th, 11th Steamboat Springs, Yampa River Festival

off the couch is where we will continue to bash you all in a whitewater guide to the world. All need to know your shortcomings and I am happy to cry it from the roof tops. I still need help with content on this site so please email me photos if you want em posted by the runs I am missing, .

Don't try to change to focus of this topic to what you wish you had done. We are going to come into your back yard, run it film it, and claim it. Cause when we claim we deliver.

Bring it!
Old 04-05-2007   #36
Nick - were you in the Grand Canyon for a year? Check the date on the thread.
KT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007   #37
new thread called eagle county weakness will work then. See new thread