Old 06-01-2008   #11
Golden, Colorado
Hey Livingston,
I found your group's Salamander throw bag in Clear Creek today. It was at the top of the lower run... must have washed down through the startup rapids for the lower run and I found it snagged on the big gravel bar/island where the dead people end up after they fall in at the party spots up the canyon.

The rope is totalled but the bag is still good. Let me know if you want it back. The good news is that it is accounted for and out of the water.

Ture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008   #12
Denver, Colorado

That is F'in awesome. Thank you. I actually had a nightmare about that rope on Friday. I would like the bag back if possible. PM me your # and I'll come get it when convenient for us both.
I am curious as to what the river did to the rope after a week. I would say that it is good they start to wear and break down quickly so there is not a permanent danger.

"I think I handled my alcohol pretty well considering how drunk I was." -Cousin Dan
Livingston is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Topic Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rope below Rigamortis in Clear Creek Livingston River Access & Safety Alerts! 4 06-02-2008 09:30 AM
sketchy rope experience on clear creek deepsouthpaddler Whitewater Kayaking 1 04-20-2007 11:16 PM
Rope in Clear Creek holley River Access & Safety Alerts! 2 06-06-2006 08:17 AM
rope in Clear Creek removed 719kayaker River Access & Safety Alerts! 0 07-19-2005 10:51 AM
Rope in Lower Clear Creek - Tunnel 1 section KSC River Access & Safety Alerts! 0 06-04-2005 12:55 AM

» Classified Ads
Used Jackson Karma M...

posted by 4CRS

Consignment 2016 Jackson Karma MD whitewater kayak -...

Pyranha Burn 3 Large B/G/W

posted by Rendezvous River Sports

Shitty Mank Boat

posted by deepsouthpaddler

Jackson Villian L Mank Boat If you have ever dreamed of...