Old 03-05-2007   #11
Arvada, 80003
Paddling Since: 2002
Don has a good point that has been brought up by every single individual who has ever responded to a question about a boat. Try it for your self! Who cares what the rest of us say? Because we all have a past that has got us to wear we stand to day. There isn't a single person on this whole planet that can be totally objective. But that doesn't mean that you can't trust what we say. No matter what I go through in life I will always to and shoot you the straightest answer possible. I believe that goes for every single person who has posted on this topic. Hobie is a great guy with a passion for the sport, and a passion for the company he has devoted so much of his life to! And if you ask him he will tell you that would be my guess. And peter will back has brother because that's what brothers do, he also spends more days on the water than most of us. A majority of those days are spent teaching kids to paddle and spreading the love. I'm truly just obsessed with kayaking, just like everyone else. Sounds like a bunch of people I wouldn't listen to either. Once again after all that crap, it always comes down to making a decision for yourself, and you will regardless of what any of us say. We were all just trying to help!

TheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #12
pnw, Washington
Thats funny and yes I should get a kickback but no one in their right mind would sponsor me. I have tried most boats that I can get my hands on and yes I do like my pyranha's. The only other boats that I have truely been happy in are Daggers. Everybody's body and needs are different and it is very tough to demo many boats but take the time and try them and you will find the boat that fits you and your needs.

"Yesterday I was clever and tried to change the world. Today I am wise and try to change myself." -Rumi
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #13
Wrong post. Sorry
gtoc-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #14
Im still looking for a place to sit in both boats yet but it was my plan all along just wanted to see what others thought so far.
J72186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #15
pnw, Washington
I dont think you can wrong with any of the new playboats. They all have something special and any boat I have tried this year will outperform me by a long shot. Pick one that makes you feel comfy and does what you want it do. Have fun with the process.
"Yesterday I was clever and tried to change the world. Today I am wise and try to change myself." -Rumi
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #16
Both look like excellent new playboats. The 07 Star Series and the 420 will also be strong contenders this year.

If you need a place to sit in them, CKS in BV has 'em in stock (currently Agent 6.2's and 6.4's, both Ronin's, 420's and Projects...07 stars should be in any day).

You really cant go wrong with any of these designs. As someone mentioned above, the boat that will perform the best for you (out of the ones mentioned above) is the one that fits you the best.
Meng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #17
ronin for sale

got a ronin 59 for sale in gunny right now. ya photos let me know. 600 dollars
jomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007   #18
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
go with agent

go with agent, its fast, cartwheels very nice dispite what others say, flat water loops awsome cause of the great amount of bow volume, perfect rocker, awsome rails, awsome outfitting what else? ahhh, its dry and comes with over thruster check one out or i suggest wave sport project these are performance boats but don't hold out on the ronin it has it advantages as well monster loops

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote