Old 08-29-2012   #21
Spits Hot Fire
N. Cascades, Washington
A glance at doubleT's link and some quick facebook stalking(apparently they don't need fake names either)shows that Jules has an account. Woo him with your mullet, send him a friends request and get the beta.

..If you haven't sorted that out by now..

And hopefully you understood my sarcasm. I figured everyone here knows I'm pretty heavy on the sarcasm. Mostly everyone.

Your opinion doesn't matter when you're already biased.
FLOWTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #22
doesn't need a fake name
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Yeah, sorry about my explosion. Half my body is covered in poison ivy rash right now (guess which half), so my reading comprehension is as low as most buzzards, and my temper is as quick as most mullet wearers. This is why it never ever pays to get angry on the internet. Thanks for the links.

leif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012   #23
North Vancouver, BC
Originally Posted by leif View Post
It would be nice to have some information one step closer to the source. Do these mysterious "three dudes" have a blog or anything?
I'm not the source, but I'm good friends with one of the participants of that trip in the spring. The three were Maxi Kniewasser, Jules Domine and Chris Tretwold. There are several blog posts etc. available online about their trip.

If you're familiar with the run, the slide came down the creek that you have to traverse when scouting the 2nd/3rd Act of Tragedy Canyon, and as of May 2012 the river was backed up to above The Bet. The Bet and the 1st Act are under water and presumably won't change if the debris washes away. The gradient is now lost over the boulder pile, and things are back to as they were before once you reach Waddington Canyon.

This is an incredile amount of debris that clogged the river. The 1st Act is the classic canyon where you always see photos of people peering over the canyon rim to scout, and it's 150-200 feet deep. Apparently the new lake started just below trifluence - the distance from there to the slide has to be several kilometers. Hopefully the debris flushes away, the 3rd day with the big water canyons was the whitewater heart of the run. If you hear of anyone going in there and have any new beta be sure to post it up!

You can find accurate beta about the Homathko and a good variety of other runs at LiquidLore - British Columbia

BCstefano is offline   Reply With Quote