Old 11-30-2007   #1
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
Rocker v. Mega Rocker

I'm trying to decide between the Rocker and Mega Rocker, and was wondering if anyone has an opinion. I'm about 6', 175. I'll use it for a fair amount of multi-day trips, but most river days will be only one day affairs. The specs recommend a max paddler + gear weight of 200 lbs for the Rocker, and I'll hit that before I even start loading overnight stuff. Any smaller guys out there paddle the Mega Rocker? Anyone load down a Rocker and think it paddles like a dream? Thanks for the input.

jsyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #2
Rocker vs. Mega Rocker

shit vs bigger heavier piece of shit

Not to be confused with the street vanacular "The Shit" like shit is a good thing. I mean acutal stinky brown, get on your fingers, shit.

Get a Habbitat.

hey diddle diddle...
lotsawater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007   #3
Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
That's a pretty visceral response to the question. You ever even paddle either of the boats in question?
I hope in the future Americans are thought of as a warlike, vicious people, because I bet a lot of high schools would pick "Americans" as their mascot. -Jack Handy
BastrdSonOfElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007   #4
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
Don't mind lotsa. He's just trying to get some insults out before I land on him in Ecuador. That way, he wont sound like such a cry baby later (which we all know he is). Don't make me bust out the fat jokes, boy. Name three people who paddle a habitat in CO and don't bring Leif's mom into this.

I'm 6'1", 180. I've only done a couple overnighters in my Rocker. She's heavy at my weight, but gets by. Mosly I use her on tight creeks to show up lotsa's lines. If you're really going to be doing multi days, get the Mega. She's the best multi day boat on the market. If it's just going to occasional multi days and mostly CO boating, get the Rocker. If you want to paddle with lotsa, you better buy an inflatable doll..

See ya down under.
JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007   #5
Lyons, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Send a message via AIM to erdvm1
Joe, you're full of poop if you say you're 180lb
I weigh 170 - 175
Either boat will work. I know a few people that prefer the Mega even though it's a little bigger because it tracks better for them.
If you want to boof your ass off in tight creeks I would suggest the Rocker. Sounds like you should buy the smaller boat and deal with the downsides of self support in the smaller boat.
180 my ass
Go Dawgs!!!
Happiness is a way of travel not a destination
erdvm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007   #6
x, x
Paddling Since: x
I am three houndred twenty pounds . I spelled it for the effects. And the megashit gets me down the river . I am only a class III boater but if there was a way for you to do a conversion table for my weight/class vs your weight/class here is a good starting table and with its lack of edge design everyone said it looked good on the water line , however I did run westwater in it and lets just say for safety's sake all I packed was a power bar. but I could have packed at least 2 more bars , a picture of a break down paddle and a 50' throw bag of 3/32 rope with a key chain size non locking carabiner , ( for climbing of course)
Laugh it up but I do weigh that and it is a great boat. I love to kayak and It is the only boat I roll in.

bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote