Old 09-06-2008   #1
God Amongst Men
Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
roberts tunnel releases

anybody have a clue or heard any rumours regarding late season water through the roberts tunnel? i know all y'all are waitin big time for bailey, im waiting for foxton.....any chance itll be good by the 19th?

"Don't f$&@ing eddy out, just run it! Whaddya doin??" -LMyers
yetigonecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008   #2
Indian Hills, Colorado

From DW via Caspian:
"We are draining the tunnel now for some maintenance work that will extend through September. We will run the tunnel later this fall, and probably this winter, but at lower flow rates. There may be a brief window of flows in the 200 cfs range in October, but that would be it.
Hope everyone enjoyed the high flows this year. Keep your fingers crossed for a good snowpack this winter."

DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008   #3
God Amongst Men
Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
fuck. thanks for the info.
"Don't f$&@ing eddy out, just run it! Whaddya doin??" -LMyers
yetigonecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #4
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
yeah that blows,at least we can look forward to some low water off season -Bailey runs and Waterton probably coming back up.Foxton was great at the 750-900 we had for as long a season as I can remember.

Any chance the Big T will run again ,even at barely runnable levels?

You commented about running the urban creeks.I don't think it would be worth it to come from your beautiful part of the state to run them.If you were around and they were cranking they offer something different at least.Only did Cherry, once, and of course the SP through town and park n' play.Never got on Clear in town this year ,it ran over 8OO for a week or three.Bear never really came up except maybe that last stormy period.Did ANYBODY get on the canyon run this year?

A week before that last stormy period there was a flash flood on Cherry.I went over it on the way to dinner{SAUCY NOODLE,recomended " If you don;t like garlic ,go home'] and it looked 400 ish,good,by the time we scoped it out on the way home it was over 2000!!!It rained 3" in Aurora and 2.5 " in Glendale in less than 2 hours.The highest I have ever seen on Cherry before was 2010 cfs. down at confluence.Confluence got up to 4300 with only 500 at Union,so Cherry had to have been 3000+ downtown.Bull and Bush which at 600 is still semi manky was completely underwater formed a sweet hole that would normally be riverwide.The shit on the side that is usually high and dry was class 3.Sucked it was at night,went back 8 am the next day but it had dropped to barely doable , ah shit.A week later I hit it when it was probably 1000, had no shuttle so i just did Elmira to Iliff to get in 2 of the 3 best drops and a new drop with a boof the golf course put in. FKA Rebar you can boof and not worry about the shitty landing.Iliff is still a little manky and thundering but over in a flash just don't be upside down.Some of the drops are fun but the in between is flat sandy bottom with strainers although that flood blew alot of them out.Low bridges towards the mall and on the part along Speer no big drops down there but play spot,the Cadillac Wave,at Broadway and at Confluence.If you want to do Waterton while you are here PM .me
cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #5
Summit, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to COUNT
I heard two or three guys ran Bear at about 120 (maybe lower) in the spring. Not worth it for 95% of the paddling population, even me (amazingly).

"The world would be a better place if everyone kayaked."-Brad Ludden (Valhalla)
"You only get one chance to run a drop blind."-DD
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #6
Lakewood, Colorasta
Paddling Since: 1997
Bear is fine at 120 if you don't care too much about your plastic. Of course it's alot finer at 300

Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote