Roberts Tunnel Flows - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-08-2016   #1

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Roberts Tunnel Flows

Denver Water began bringing about 100 cfs through the tunnel today. Combined with natural flow this should provide low boatable flows for Bailey and Foxton for the weekend and into next week. As long as it remains hot and dry, DW will likely continue to bring water through the tunnel. Please remember, water conveyed through the tunnel is for DW customers and flows are not guaranteed. Flows are subject to weather, DW operations and customer use.

I am filling in for Ian Foley on coordinating with DW on tunnel flows and will try to post information as I receive it.

Steve Dougherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016   #2

Denver, Colorado
Roberts Tunnel Flows

Update. Denver Water will increase the imports from the Roberts Tunnel to 200 cfs beginning today 7/12 and will likely continue imports at this level as long as it stays hot and dry. Just in time as natural flows were dropping!
Old 07-12-2016   #3

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Turn on the tunnel! Thanks Steve for taking this on, much appreciated.

I took on the task of relaying Roberts Tunnel flow info from Denver Water to the mountainbuzz community in 2010. I really enjoyed learning about how Denver Water operates its system and have been able to utilize that information to better plan my kayak trips and I know the boating community benefits from being able to plan better as well. I also enjoyed this role as it offered me a way to give back to a great community. Due to a bunch of changes in life, work etc. its time for me to hand it off. Looking forward to a nice bailey season. See you out there!

Thanks,
Ian
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016   #4
Don

Preacher of the Profit Paddling Since: 1990
Thanks

Thank you for all the years of Support Ian in the local paddling community.
Old 07-12-2016   #5

Denver, Colorado
Looks like the tunnel is up to 250! Hope it holds through the weekend!
ColoradoBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016   #6

Denver, Colorado
UPDATE. DW is increasing releases from the tunnel to about 350 cfs ( about 100 cfs more than it has been for the last couple of days). These increased flows will likely last through the weekend.
Old 07-14-2016   #7
KSC

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Sweet. Thanks Denver people for keeping those lawns green.

And thanks Steve for taking over the tunnel report duties - now I don't have to fill in for Ian when he's out of town
KSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016   #8

Denver, Colorado
Roberts Tunnel Flows Update

Denver Water is planning on reducing flows from the tunnel by about 100 cfs probably starting today 8/5/2016 (cool temps and projected rain). The good news is that if it is warm and dry next week, Denver Water will be able to release a nice flow for Bailey Fest with boatable flows most likely beginning a week from today.
Old 08-10-2016   #9

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
BaileyFest flow update: Denver Water plans to release 350 out of Roberts Tunnel starting 4pm on Thursday through Sunday evening. Look forward to a great weekend!
pbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016   #10

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Denver water is ramping Roberts Tunnel up to 200 today putting the canyon at a scrapeable 240 if anyone wants to get some fall desperation boating in. Flows should hold through the weekend.
pbell is offline   Reply With Quote