Old 03-26-2011   #1
Rob Lesser Film

I hadnt seen this on here and wanted to share the word. First of all i am not affiliated with this movie or these people in anyway. I have however seen the new film Wildwater and it is amazing - and I want to see more whitewater films with the same high level of production and thought. If you agree check out the following website:

BrianK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011   #2
I am proud to be a backer of this.

Cool trailer of Lesser living in the same house he grew up in, with the same wallpaper on the wall from the 70's, no kids, no wife, a TV that looks like it was made in the '50's and he asks the question:

"Have I lived my life in the proper way?"

Life is such a crazy journey of highs, lows, successes and failures. Kayaking is such an intense personal experience which puts you in situations where you find out who you really are in that moment above the drop when time stands still and all thoughts fade away. Could be an interesting movie if done well.

craporadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011   #3
Boise, Idaho
Looks really cool. I love the respect for the OG's that is being shown.
Anchorless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011   #4
one month to go over half way
BrianK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011   #5
Dipshit with the most.
Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
Originally Posted by BrianK View Post
I have however seen the new film Wildwater and it is amazing
I was already going to drop some coin because it looks awesome.

If these are the same guys who did Wildwater, I might have to double up.

Very cool.
carvedog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011   #6
Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
I'm with Crap! Lessor is the man, myth and legend. Rob is a soft spoken all around great guy. Any thing he has to say I am all ears...
Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011   #7
RFV, Colorado
Paddling Since: 94
Posting this for Anson Fogel

Whitewater community - Rob Lesser's life, and the Grand Canyon of The Stikine, deserve to be honored by all of us. In the next 33 days, we need to pre-sell 150 DVD's on Kickstarter to hit our goal and move into production on this film. 150 people pre-buying a DVD or Bluray for 30 bucks. Seems easy, right? We need your help.

LESSER - A FILM ABOUT A QUIET HERO by Anson Fogel — Kickstarter
Big Dave
pasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011   #8
bc, CA
Paddling Since: 2007
I am definately supporting this one. Wild Water was the most beautifully done whtewater DVD I have ever seen. The presentation, slow mo's, and music were spectacular.
brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011   #9
Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: tues
Wow thanks

Wow, thanks for the kind words y'all about my other film, WildWater, and thanks a ton for the support for LEsser - so's y'all know, I'm making this film with Skip Armstrong and Bryan Smith - the 2 best kayaking and kayaking inspired filmmakers out there. Bryan is a well known NatGeo filmmaker and Skip has a serious film background as well. So we got a kick ass team, unlike WildWater which was mostly just my broke ass with a big camera and a dream.

We're doing this thing for love, not money, but the main barrier is helicopter time - we are lucky enough to work as commercial cinematographers, so we have high-end equipment we can use free, but we aint got a chopper! And shooting the Stikine - which might be the greatest place on earth not yet filmed well - can only really be done (with big cameras) with choppers moving us around. This will be by far the most significant whitewater film production in the last 10+ years or more, and we're really fired up about it.

Last week we made a huge step forward and got a strong investor on board, and if we can hit this goal on Kickstarter and nail down sponsors, we are in good shape. Either way, we're gonna make the thing, its just a question at this point of HOW. In a few months, we're headed up there for 4-6 weeks with a shit-ton of gear and a strong crew. So we are stoked to see y'all supporting it. We'll be keeping the community posted from the road on our progress on Lesser. A life less ordinary. A film about a quiet hero, in a deafening place of incomprehensible power. From Bryan Smith, Anson Fogel and Skip Armstrong..

I've spent some time now with Rob Lesser, an incredible honor and experience so far - we can't wait for the opportunity to finally do something I think this community needs more of - honoring our elders, and our roots.

Rock on.

Afogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011   #10
wannabe kayaker
Dayton, Ohio
Paddling Since: 2006
I'm signed up, excited for the film.

Boilerblues is offline   Reply With Quote