Roaring Fork below Basalt - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-24-2017   #1
tytanr

Grand Junction, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
Roaring Fork below Basalt

Needing some info about this stretch. Thought I had heard of a play-park under construction near Basalt. Has this been built and completed? Also what are the put-in options between Carbondale and Basalt?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2017   #2
MendoWill

Carbondale, Colorado
Park is under construction, was supposed to open by the end of March, but not sure of that detail.

Put-ins:
Wingo Bridge, if headed up valley, pull off on the right side of highway 82 just after a bridge over the river. There's a ramp, but usually you can't drive down.
Hooks bridge off of "Original" way. Very small eddy in high flows, possibly kayak only.
Catherine Store Bridge, more of a kayak put-in.
"Pink", below Hwy 133 bridge in Carbondale, at intersection of Hwy 82. Go ~1/2 mile further north on 82, take the first turn-off towards the river (no stoplight), and follow upriver to put-in.
Have fun!
wlennox07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017   #3
tytanr

Grand Junction, Colorado
wlennox07, Thanks for the info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2017   #4

Roaring Fork Valley, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
Park is done. I am going to head over there in the next couple days. There are two features. One is steep and looks good for kayaks and short surf or sup boards.
2nd feature is pretty mellow.

There is no gauge in that area, so i am going off the Emma gauge.
skideeppow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017   #5

Washington, DC, Washington, D.C.
Paddling Since: 2001
Please let us know how it is. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Mountain Buzz
Rufus Sr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #6

GJ, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
Park is done. I am going to head over there in the next couple days. There are two features. One is steep and looks good for kayaks and short surf or sup boards.
2nd feature is pretty mellow.

There is no gauge in that area, so i am going off the Emma gauge.

Care to share your range from the emma gauge? What's worth coming up for, at what level does it blow out, etc...?

Thx.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesee View Post
Care to share your range from the emma gauge? What's worth coming up for, at what level does it blow out, etc...?

Thx.

Since it's brand new maybe you can show up and figure that out and report back to us!?
mkashzg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #8

GJ, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkashzg View Post
Since it's brand new maybe you can show up and figure that out and report back to us!?

I live 2+ hours away. My request was an attempt at establishing what's worth making the drive for, and what isn't, for those of us that don't have a play park in our backyard.

Maybe you intended your response to be tongue in cheek, but it came off as snark.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesee View Post
I live 2+ hours away. My request was an attempt at establishing what's worth making the drive for, and what isn't, for those of us that don't have a play park in our backyard.

Maybe you intended your response to be tongue in cheek, but it came off as snark.

I apologize but I'm not sure what part you found snarky as the post states it is brand-new and has not been run yet. Seems as though people do not use the search function's or read previous posts and expect everyone to answer things for them.
mkashzg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #10

GJ, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkashzg View Post
I apologize but I'm not sure what part you found snarky as the post states it is brand-new and has not been run yet. Seems as though people do not use the search function's or read previous posts and expect everyone to answer things for them.

Soooooo, you're telling me I should search for information that you've *just* said doesn't exist?