Old 09-17-2013   #11
Pleasant Valley, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
This is a better Buzz.

Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013   #12
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1972
I'm old. Got a few states and a country to contribute.

OH, KY, IN, WI, PA, ME, NY, WV, NC, TN, SC+GA (Chattooga), CO, WY, UT

hkydef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013   #13
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Finally made a list.

34 Rivers

3 Continents: N America, Africa, Asia

7 Countries: USA, Mexico, Canada, Sri Lanka, Costa Rica, Uganda, Guatemala

9 States: AK, AZ, CO, ID, NM, NY, PA, UT, TX
SeavBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013   #14
Medford, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1984
OR, CA, AK, CA, UT, CO, CT, MN, IL, FL, NM, UT, AZ, ID, MT, NY, NJ, MI, WA too many rivers to count. Countries include Brazil, Nepal, Chile, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mexico, British Columbia CA. Most exotic trip Karnali in Nepal, and BioBio pre-dam.
rivers2run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013   #15
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
OK if I can count (see before coffee) :Phil and rivers 2 run each have 19 states -4 continents -7 countries impressive.Seavbar also has 7 nations and perhaps the most intersring collection, barely, Sri Lanka tipped it in his favor.I give Phil the nod on States because R2r had Ill -Nj -and Florida all on the list combined cumaltive gradient 4 feet

DC., the Potomac, sorts like a state counts.....keep em coming
cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013   #16
Denver, Colorado
Hkydef. Just out of curiosity,what diid you run in Ohio?I am from sw Ohio was out there this spring trying to boat but got skunked.Naturally right after I left things ran.I was interested light creeking and waterfalls to park and huck.Really wanted Rattlesnake, Hocking, and Boomershine.Tinker 's and the Cuyahoga arr probably the best in state but far trow SW Ohio.

er, cumulative. Sp?
Old 09-18-2013   #17
Ft Collins, Colorado
Some of these results seem to emphasize differences between kayaking and rafting. I was curious about only 34 rivers across 7 countries and 8 states. Is this small number of rivers per "destination" mostly due to multi-day vs day trips? I've done several road trips in Colorado where we ran on the order of 7 rivers and 10 or 12 runs in a week. And I'm sure I've run close to 34 rivers (maybe more) just in Colorado, consisting of perhaps 100 or so separate runs (your count will vary - are you a lumper or splitter?). I also forgot to include AZ and UT -- really lame to forget trips in the Grand Canyon, Westwater, and Dinosaur.

I'll also give SeavBar the nod - some of those must have been true adventures. Pictures??
johng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013   #18
Paddling Since: 96
Update... I could add DC and SC. A couple feet of rio would give me Argentina. Put on the Rio Palena a couple feet into Agentina and ran the bulk of the run in Chile... And I would have a hard time answering what rio in Australia cuz it was the Penrith ww course at the Freestyle Worlds when they were held there. 2005? My best and most relevant current river stat is 105 days on the rio this year...
Phil U. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013   #19
Denver, Colorado
Yeah the Mopan is like that, you put in at tiny village with bamboo huts and freeranging pigs and chickens plus the requisite curious kids.The river crosses the border and runs just inside Belize., then is the border, then crosses back into Guatemala for only a km or two but through Melchor de Mencos right past the border stations ( you have mot legally entered the country) and back into Belize.Local opinion varied from 'don 't even think about it " to :"no worries we canoed snd innertubed it as kids ".I have run it twice, once the dude who in theory should be busting me, just leaned against s tree smoking a cigarette. Watching me play in Garbutt 's Falls (right on the border) . My plan was just bomb down the rapid into Belize it they tried yo apprehend me, unless they had guns on me.Rastamen swim the river with garbage bags full of Guatemalan schwag on that run.

Greg on mayanwhitewater talks about several runs that weave across or are borders :lower Copan,Lempa, Suchiate, Chiquibul,Paz,and of course the Usumascinta.
Old 09-18-2013   #20
Durango, CO
Paddling Since: 1990
27 rivers ( multiple different runs) in 7 states. I'm clearly not getting out enough!

d.e. is offline   Reply With Quote