Old 07-19-2006   #1
river slip and slides

does anyone know of good river slip and slides? I've heard of using rafts, but we want a longer slide. Thanks for the ideas!

poudreraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006   #2
Rafts are great, a better idea is to use the left over condoms from river trips-cut in half and lay end to end. The Man Gravy is great for lubrication.

"any man who would trade freedom for security, deserves neither freedom nor security" Thomas Jefferson
teamamericawp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006   #3
I'm right 50% of the time
Paddling Since: 1977
Do you mean paco pads as a slip-n-slide, not rafts. I read on the buzz some time ago about folks do'n it. I guess you would need more than 1, unless your really small. I bet 3 or 4 of them strapped end to end and then lay them on the beach into the water. I think you would need some buddies (or midgits...I mean little people) with 5 gallon buckets tossing water on them and off you go. Have not tried, so feel free to expirement and let us know. I would say soap the pads with dr.bronners or camp suds, but that not a good idea on river beaches. It would work in your neighbors front yard though.
brendodendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006   #4
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
An upside down raft makes a great slip and slide. Standard practice as the raft gets sponged down just before deflating. be sure to check the landing for boulders first ( there is a good one at the westwater take out ramp that ruined a pair of my shorts). If you want something longer, try a big tarp on sand or grass.
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006   #5
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Saw folks using paco pads to do it. Use as many as you want to make it longer. Looked to me like they overlapped them so each one layered over the next. They had 4 going, and it looked fun. Dumped them right into a big ass deep eddy.
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote