Old 04-07-2011   #21
Hartford, Connecticut
Easiest, simplest, greatest coffee on and off the river: aeropress. Light to pack and indestructable. Look it up on google.

water_roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011   #22
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 05
Does your perc have a handle? All you need to do is put grounds in with water, boil, steep, when it's done- take it by the handle and swing it back and forth several times. The grounds will settle to the bottom- it works way better than any other method I've ever seen- and I've seen most of the ones listed here.

"There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Look here! If you've really nothing else on hand this morning, supposing we drop down the river together, and have a long day of it?" -Wind in the Willows
TakemetotheRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011   #23
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1986
Thank you al for your assistance. One of you had it right, I just ordered a box of Large Drawstrng refillable tea bags from Mountain Herbs that was discussed previously. I was not talking about the single serving bags from Folgers or whoever that are packed in foil.

I bought the bags to simplify coffee grounds cleanup as opposed to using th percolator which is a little messy and takes forever, or making cowboy coffee which isa pain to clean up.

Thanks again,

twmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011   #24
North Bend, Washington
Paddling Since: 2009
Maybe Starbucks can start making VIA in bulk? That stuff is amazing for short trips for only a few people.
Kendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011   #25
Little Village, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
"Cowboy coffee" is crap. Hell, boiled coffee period is crap. If you insist upon boiling the stuff, you might as well use Folgers or some other equivalent drek and save your money.
Uh, I'm just gonna go find a cash machine.
Riparian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011   #26
Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
I prefer my Swissgold single cup brewer. I use it at home, work, and in the outdoors. I don't even have an alternative way of making my coffee. You can really baby that single cup of coffee to perfection with it.
Kendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011   #27
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
I just watched the Aeropress video and it looks pretty slick. I might have to get myself one of those! I like the idea of having a mug of coffee and able to clean up the mess before I'm done with my beverage. It is annoying to deal with the grounds in a press mug after the kitchen and garbage have been packed away.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
lmaciag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011   #28
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
What toilet paper should I use?

All you D-bags out there. I am going off the sharing nature of the buzz and am wondering what toilet paper should i use to wipe my arse with? Any suggestions? I am also wondering if anyone out there might have an alternative arse wiping technique they'd like to share. Especially if you use it while on westwater. Thanks in advance....
Rivertroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011   #29
Wolf Hole, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1980
Didn't realize kayakers ever wiped. I would suggest you try a cholla cactus. And I guess you don't have a use for coffee what with your all-day adrenaline load.

Us expedition rafters love our morning caff and ways to avoid rinsing grounds into the river is worth discussing.
Domar Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011   #30
Nosebleed, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1977
Originally Posted by wildh2onriver View Post
Read the review on it...sounds like Bubba sucks it.
I guess there are good Bubbas and bad Bubbas Check the lid before you buy--the four I have used were fine.

funrivers is offline   Reply With Quote