Old 07-05-2012   #1
Silverthorne, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
RIOS Guatemala film in Aspen today, July 5

Max Baldetty, the leader of the RIOS Guatemala Foundation, will present at CMC - Aspen at 7:00 this evening. The film includes the remarkable story of lives risked to save the endangered Rio Copon, plus breathtaking footage of six jungle rivers and the best of Guatemala's cultural and natural attractions.

heesap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012   #2
Thanks for the reminder. I caught it in Breck last week.
Please post the info on the Edwards show ASAP. I will shamelessly bump the thread so it doesn't get lost.

nemi west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012   #3
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
I really want to see this! Hope you can show it on the Front Range,Aspen is a bit far .Will definitely buy vid to support the cause.

On Greg's website it has the Sauce, Gracias A Dios,and San Pedro, marked as politically sensitive. Do you know how bad the situation is ? I am planning a trip and would like to hit up Las Conchas/GAD/ San Pedro as they are conveniently located 3+ travertine ,easily accessible,day runs,between the main part of Guat. and Peten/Tikal/ Belize. Would be solo in a ducky. I'm trying to avoid a Copon like situation .Am comfortable doing this in BZ but Guat . is a little sketchier. Sauce may be too hard for me ,but have wanted to run it and the Polochic since reading Area Verde's old promo material and talking to Mad Max about it years ago.

Also do you know anything about the BZ/Guat. border area north of Modesto Mendez ?Thinking of a source to sea run of the Moho starting on micro creek travertine on the Poite just inside Guat. I know there is a lot of unofficial border crossing by local Maya ,but not if they are as friendly on the Guat. side. I will talk to Greg ,but thought you might have some insight. Thanks
cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012   #4
Guatemala, Guatemala
Paddling Since: 1998
We are set and on our way to Aspen and then off to Edwards.. How to Save a River? is what we always ask ourselves, well here is a way we can save a river with Rios Guatemala
MaxBaldetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012   #5
Silverthorne, Colorado
Thanks a bunch. We need all the help we can get!
Old 07-05-2012   #6
Silverthorne, Colorado
Thanks for all the support. Let's talk in a day or two when we have a bit more time. My number is 719 314 9036.