Old 03-23-2004   #1
Denver (Philly Native), Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Rio Grande - Lower Taos Box/Pilar

Planning a trip to Taos to run LTB and Pilar. How are these runs at 1000cfs? Any tips on the shuttle for LTB? Any CO boaters going down in April (weekends) post on this string, maybe we can meet up or share the shuttle. A few us from the Denver-Boulder area are planning on heading down in April. ~Jamie

PhillyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004   #2
Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw

Are you thinking of heading down this weekend??? I think Sonia and I are. I won't be doing the LTB any time soon again though, LOTS of flatwater... LOTS. But, it's actually really beautiful.

If I head down this weekend, it will be for the UTB which is fricken AWESOME (unfortunately the hike out is too!)

Let me know...

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004   #3
Denver (Philly Native), Colorado
Not this weekend but soon in April. Was LTB that painful? Creek boat or play boat? When are you headed to Cali? BOOP
PhillyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004   #4

A few of us are going to run the upper on Sun 3/28. Will you be down there for a Sun run??

Alpine Kayak
Alpine Kayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004   #5
Durango, Colorado
A group of us are going to do the Lower Box on April 3rd. Might become a larger group, but if you show up, we could share shuttles, logistics, etc. I think we are planning to camp at the takeout beginning Friday night.

Sunday we are thinking about doing Pilar or the Conejos depending on flows.
rivermanryan is offline   Reply With Quote