Salida, Colorado, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Haley Mills is killing it this year.

Philthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010   #12
Salida, Colorado, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Hey Craw,

You able to tell me how many competitors you had? It would be sweet beta for what to expect here in Salida for the next leg of the Point Series!!

Philthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010   #13
Bham, Washington
Paddling Since: 1997
Nice work Craw. Wish I could've been there.
The high side of good - Daniel D
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010   #14
Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
Leif, you would have been sooooo PUMPED. There was literally no rocks to be seen. estimating 6-700 and was coming up fast on race day. All racers agreed to NOT even have a 2nd run even... how crazy is that. Quote from Nick Troutman was "I have never paddled a longer single rapid... " The whole race was just that, literally one rapid. Triple drop was a mess of massive holes. Delivering a 75% combat roll ratio.

I just hope there are folks to challenge Tao next year, cuz he's gonna be here for sure. Bums me out that TJ was the only one in the top 10, but I will tell you what, TJ is a complete Bad Ass!!! Pro's literally talking at the put in about not racing, and Tom gets in his boat, hearing his countdown from 30 seconds and fires off with nothing but focus in his eyes.

Tom, I will buy you a beer any day and for years to come.... Great job!

Philthy... All events? Hmmm maybe 50 paddlers, of which most crossed into other events.

And Yes, Haley is not only killing it, but she is a super cool person. Good luck to Fibark, it's coming off quite a stoke from the LOG.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010   #15
Marty, your call out to me is bullshit.

I drove to Lyons four times as a volunteer for the event last year to help organize the race and give my input, only to have all of my ideas vetoed by the paid for safety crew. Then the day of the event, the entire safety crew was hooked up with shirts, sunglasses, and miscellaneous shwag, while Tina and I did all of the time keeping work for a hook up of a few beers. Then after the entire event was over you went out of your way to publicly thank all of the volunteers via email and on the buzz, except Tina and I. This year you called me and asked me for input and I gave it to you. Given how much of my time and effort that I donated last year, all to get absolutely nothing in return, I was more than happy to not attend LOG this year.

However, you are correct that SSV is one of my favorite runs. We ran Boulder Creek on Saturday and then went to run SSV that afternoon thinking there would be tons of paddlers up there to do a lap with, but I couldn't find anyone to put-on with me. The level looked flooded and amazing. I hope to get up there while flows stay high if anyone wants to join.

Way to crush it Tom. Proud of ya.
Kyle McCutchen
Cutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010   #16
Send a message via AIM to xkayaker13
Nice work Tom aka "squirrel" aka "the grand canyon disco ape" aka "caveman tom"

I was shocked to learn that you didn't swim in this race. Way to represent for the Front Range homie!!!!
xkayaker13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010   #17
Lyons, Colorado
If anyone is in Nebraska, there is a green Villain to be had.
loot87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010   #18
Boulder, Colorado
Awesome time had by all, even though the race course had to be changed I think it was equally if not more difficult than last years race. Tyson and Christian, I think you guys are my unluckey charms whenever you are there I'm so taken back by your sick skills that I can't focus (just like at the club, hahha). Thanks so much to Marty, Matt S, Scotty Y and all the other event organizers, also a huge thanks to the safety crew it was awesome to know that the people I boat with a lot were there holding ropes for me as I ricky bobbied my way down.
The party that night was super fun, my personal highlight was scott youngs first booty beer ever! in front of about 200 people. Hopefully next year some more locals will come out and compete, maybe next year we should all train and really take it down.
And I forgot to give my bib back, who should I give it to?
tj@cu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010   #19
York, Pennsylvania
Before my shameless plug, let me just say another big thanks to Marty and the rest of the LOG crew. Once again, another great event, keeps getting better each year, and can't wait until next year. Awesome job.

Originally Posted by nmalozzi View Post
Sounds like a good time all around... out of pure curiosity, what boat was Dane paddling for OC1? Should we be expecting to see a Jackson open boat in the future?
As Marty said, all of the OC-1 competitors were paddling my design, the I'll hopefully get some video of from Lyons on the site sometime soon- Dane through a hugh airloop and Jordan threw a big air McNasty... Unreal. The downside to making my design available to other people is that now it's a lot harder for me to win.
For those hoping for a river runner OC-1, I'm hoping I'll have one (or two) available by this time next year.

Oh yeah, and that creek race... scary. My main goal was just keeping air in my lungs.

RodeoClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010   #20
Longmont, Colorado
Originally Posted by RodeoClown View Post

Oh yeah, and that creek race... scary. My main goal was just keeping air in my lungs.

Agree! I was pretty sure I would be out of air halfway I gave my bib back

Big thanks to all the lyon's guys for putting on a great event! I swear I'll race next year even if I'm scared, maybe

Way to represent Tom! Congrats to all the racers for stepping up, and Tao for taking it with emphasis.

crackeryaker is offline   Reply With Quote