Old 05-14-2007   #1
Send a message via MSN to Jiberish
Reno Recap!

Hey All:

Just thought Id let you all in on the festival that happened this past weekend! First off "I LOVE RENO" is a common term which is very justified! This year was one of the most competitive years. This year also had the most people with over 33,000 people throughout the weekend as well! Jay Kincaid came off in First with a sick ride. In fact Jay actually jumped the gun on kirk and cut him in line on accident when he was in prelims. He was so focused he said, "I saw the thumbs up and just went". None the less a 150+ point ride was the outcome!

The top 6 Men were:
Jay Kincaid-1st
Eric Jackson-2nd
Bryan Kirk-3rd
Andrew Holcombe-4th
Stephen Wright-5th
Ben Guska-6th

The Top 4 women were:
Tanya Faux-1st
Emily Jackson-2nd
Nikki Kelly-3rd
Ruth Gordon-4th

The boater cross was taken by my good friend Jud Keiser with Andrew Holcombe taking 2nd followed by Josh Bechtal!

This was also the first time I got my hands on my VOZ helmet. Im super amped on how light it is so if you get a chance to check em out try one on. Word has it that CKS will be having them for there CKS festival! (Check out Kayaks, Kayak Accessories, Gear, Fishing Equipment, Kayaking Accessory for more) The rest of the VOZsports team did super well as well! It was great seeing all my friends including Matt Solomon who was judging the event! It was awesome seeing Hobie there as well on the microphone and Mike Mathers throwing on the Daggers DSI safety classes!!

If anyone hasnt had a chance to make it out to this event, its worth doing it! The event is super well organized, and is just plain HUGE! The amount of talent on and off the water is worth it alone! The Saturday night party proved to be a worthy night. All in all im amped and cant wait to get back to Colorado! Im glad to see our sport evolve into such great events such as this! If you all need a vacation what better place then Reno!
Just thought Id keep you all posted!

Ben Guska

Jiberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007   #2
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
yeah Reno! Damn, what a great kick off to 2007 paddling season. I had been in the water like three times before last weekend but 80degrees and"scenery" in Reno got my stoke going for paddling. That is the most fun I have ever had at a river festival because I had no responsibility I could just hang. Nice work Hobie, Matt, Jon Meyers, and all the Colorado boys who represented.

Congrats Ben on a strong showing. It was fun watching you throwdown with the big boys. I am getting all emotional thinking about you all growed up and ripping. Thanks for the use of your boat.
Mike Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote