Old 10-07-2009   #1
Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: '92
Remembering Nate Seeby

Nate was a good friend, a good boater and is missed by his friends.

CBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #2
Durango, CO
Paddling Since: 1990
One of my all-time favorite people to paddle with. Funny as shit and ready to fire it up. Nate was great. I miss seeing him come through Dgo. Good times. Anyways...hope his family is well.

d.e. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #3
KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
As I was driving home from Cali yesterday and thru Price Canyon I thought of Nate. Years ago I stumbled upon he and Toepper broken down on the side of the road on the way to OR. He was passed out on the front seat with a flat from hitting a huge rock the night before. We got it fixed in Price and headed to Salt Lake just in time for the tornado to hit and for it to suck the windows out of his topper while he slept in the back.

So as I drove by about midnight last night I thought of him and the fun soul he was and how much he is missed. I had no idea today was the anniversary of his passing but it makes me feel an even deeper loss. For those that may be new to kayaking or the mountain scene, Nate was in the thick of it all the time. Always smiling, always funny and always game for adventure. Such a sad loss. He was a great guy and I will always remember that day in Salt Lake. A string of break downs and bad luck and he was still laughing. God bless you Nate, you were a great friend.

hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #4
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1988
Nate was a good dude

I'll remember Nate with a drink tonight...
He was a good spirit, always fired up bout something.

Didnt boat with him much,
but remember one particularly good all day session at union in 1997

Last time I saw him his truck was being towed and he was chasing the tow truck down the street yelling at the driver.

cheers to Nate, his family and friends.

Juan De Confluence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #5
Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
Man, Nate! What a frickin waste. Scotty and I just chatted about him last week on our way to westwater. The guy was a character for sure.

I remember driving to the Big South at a big level with Nate. We were driving through the fort and some lady was driving poorly and he pulls up next to her and starts barking out his window at her, funny as hell. You remember that Cambell? Then we arrive at cool world where he goes for a swim and is standing on this rock pissed and cussing at me as I paddle up to him. We then arrive at Double and I start to walk and he was like " WHAT ARE YOU DOING"? I look at him and say, "I don't think you can swim out of that hole at this level and I'm walking". He was like, "you can swim out of it, I swam out on Tues".LMAO! I look at him in disbelief and laugh, he smiles and says " I'll walk it if you don't tell anyone". I start laughing again and say fine, 15 minutes of waiting for Nate to walk I see him in the top hole getting pinned wheeled brutal and smiled that Nate went for it although I knew what was coming. After we drug his sorry arse out of the river he smiled and said I had to try it. That was Nate, always intense!

Glad to hear his wife and daughter are doing well.
Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #6
Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: '92
That trip to BS will forever be etched in my mind. Remember how Nate used to wear that bandana under his helmet to tuck those ears in? Funny memories.
CBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009   #7
franklin, Tennessee
I'm Nates cousin, I was thinking about him & googled his name. This website is what I found. When you loose a loved one, you just think of your feelings & your family. Not all the other people who cared for him too. You all were his friends and family too. You shared the best times of his life. Thank you for these fond memories & smiles. Wherever he may be, we know he is making people laugh.

Nashvegas is offline   Reply With Quote