Mountain Buzz banner

Regulations, Ruby Horsethief, Moab Daily?

3K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Fallingup 
#1 ·
Anyone know about the Ruby Horsethief permit deal? As well as a time limit on the daily? It appears that there will be a 3 day limit on the Moab Daily. Really? Is this true?

#6 ·
There is no permit requirement nor time limit on the Moab Daily. As for Ruby (RH) - if you are camping please self register at Loma for your campsite. The self registration is currently voluntary. As of May 1, 2012 the self registration will be mandatory. There will be no limit or permit requirements Sunday through Thursday however weekend launches will need to obtain a permit for camping. Although the permit system is still in the formative phase it sounds as though you will be able to obtain the weekend RH permit 30 days out. For more information call 970-244-3000.

#9 ·
I agree about the problem with voluntary campsite sign up. I have started taking a photo of the sign up sheet just before I launch. When I get to "my" site, if there are people there already, I show them the photo....sometimes they understand and move, sometimes they know enough to say "voluntary" and I have to scratch my head as I head downriver wishing I did not have to take someone eles campsite.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.