Old 02-23-2009   #11
Farmington, New Mexico
Paddling Since: 1990
Oregonians build good sh*t

Hey, Timmy, I'm a former Rogue/Umpqua/Salmon (ID) guide who loves your style of frames/gear. I now live in Colorado where most of these mountainbuzz freaks lurk.

I bought a custom built frame from one of your competitors out in Oregon (sorry... won't say who just now ) and I use it in my 16' selfbailer out here for all types of trips in this neck of the woods. The problem is, Colorado is a lot of quick and light, one day, bring-all-the-yokels-out-for-a-swim-and-a-sunburn style of rafting. Out here, the double-rail, two dryboxes, cooler bay type of frame is a little too heavy, bulky, and cumbersome. That frame works well on trips like the Rogue, Deschutes, and long Idaho trips, as well as the Utah desert runs. I know you have some interchangeable seats and such, and that helps, but there are a lot of days in the Rockies where being able to paddle raft/row 5 or six friends using a small and light frame for a few hours makes way more sense. Any buzzrafters want to back me up on this?

If you're looking to expand your market to these parts (and with a website, you WILL expand your market, for sure) you may want to start looking at some different styles of smaller day frames to appeal to more folks who run rivers like the Arkansas, Poudre, Upper C, Blue, and others.

Just a thought/opinion from one whose seen both worlds...

4 out of 3 people have trouble with fractions.
tyaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #12
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Originally Posted by raftus View Post
Even though you are a wholesaler I would strongly recommend having a website with all of your products listed. Actually each product needs its own page with photos, specs, weights, available sizes etc. Then consumers can find out about you from anywhere in the US or world and then find your dealers from your dealer page. The great thing about the website is it can create consumer pull for your products, not just your push to distributors.
Just want to emphasize this. As you sell with various retailers, even in the West, they don't limit their sales to the west, so you have a larger presence than you think. Specs, specs, and more specs. Good photos - key.

I am a river, babe - I've got plenty of time, I don't know where I'm going, I'm just following the lines..... - "We are water" by Shaye
lhowemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #13
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
It would be nice to find a kitchen box that would fit a 14' boat, I.E. 37" from tube to tube, for under $500.
Snowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #14
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 05
I don't mean to hijack, but I'm having mine custom built by All Metals Fabrication in Grand Junction with seat attachment and legs for $465.

Originally Posted by Snowhere View Post
It would be nice to find a kitchen box that would fit a 14' boat, I.E. 37" from tube to tube, for under $500.

TakemetotheRiver is offline   Reply With Quote